X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X10 Plugin Config page crashes for Ti103 [Resolved]

Help!

i can create X10 devices but can't go into Plugins->X10>Config

I get the following crash message on the browser.

error - Conversion from string "F" to type 'Boolean' is not valid.-> at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToBoolean (String Value) at HSPI_X10.Web_PluginConfig.BuildConfigPageContent(Boolean Rebuild, Int32 UpdateBtnMsg) at HSPI_X10.Web_PluginConfig.GetPagePlugin(String pageName, String user, Int32 userRights, String queryString)
    Any ideas?

Hi George, which plugin are you using: X10 or CM15a? And on which OS: Windows or Linux?
    Best regards,
    -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
    Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Yours (well my old one ) TI-103 Win 7
      Btw, the create new X-10 Device drop-down doesn't crash, only the Config page crashes.

About the only thing I remember doing is that I was ignoring house codes from A-H, added some X-10 devices to my Omni and wanted to send/receive phantom X-10 calls on the power like so I un-clicked the ignore boxes from G & H.

g

Comment

Well you'll be happy to know that your code lives on in this plugin! Are you running this under HS3 or HS4?
        Best regards,
        -Mark-

Comment

Hey George, I found the issue and posted a new version on the BETA page. Thank you very much for pointing this out! Please download and let me know if the issue is resolved. I'll post it to the updater once I hear back from you.
          Best regards,
          -Mark-

Comment

Thanks I'll give it a go. I've look and can't find the beta page. Can you point an old guy to it?

And it's HS3. It will be a while before I get to HS4 until more plugin's are supported and it settles down.

G

Comment

BETA page is a sticky at the top of this forum. Here's a link to the sticky: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...eases?t=185551

Be sure to get the correct plugin as there are three: X10, CM15a (Win) and CM15a (Linux). The version I just posted is 3.0.0.51 for the "X10" plugin.
              Best regards,
              -Mark-

Comment

No sorry, Still getting the crash. Made sure the new plugin was loaded and renamed all old ones. See attached.

I also noticed that the X10 is referenced in the files
                External_multiple.txt
                External_multipleOAA.txt
                External_Single.txt
                External_SingleOAA.txt
                Internal.txt

I only mention it because of your other entry that you changed from multiple to single.

I'm also getting the message during startup: "Error: Could not add X10 plugin to the list. Could this be a duplicate. Check for two plugins with the same name"
                I've renamed the old plugin to HSPI_X10.exeold. and there are not other HSPI_X10.exe plugin's in the directory. Is Homeseer looking up something in it's cache files?

But either way, I've confirmed that .51 is loaded, Stopped it manually and restarted and still the crash on the config page.

Sorry,Click image for larger version

Name:	plugins.png
Views:	252
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	1408194

Comment

So sorry, I totally forgot to mention that you'll need to fix the ini file since the previous version trashed the "ignorehcstring" entry. Just edit the X10.ini (you can leave the plugin running) and change the ignore HC string entry:

ignorehcstring=0000000000000000

Once you make the change and save it the plugin should no longer crash on the config screen. The crash happens because the previous version was incorrectly saving ignorehcstring values as "True" or "False" instead of a 1 or 0 and trashed the string, like this: ignorehcstring=00000TruTrue0000. When the config screen code tries to load those corrupt values it crashes. I really should change this to use an array of values instead of a position encoded string at some point.

Regarding the "Error: Could not add X10 plugin to the list. Could this be a duplicate. Check for two plugins with the same name" I did not see that behavior under HS4, and unfortunately I did not test these changes under HS3. Not sure why X10.exe is referenced under those files. What directory are they in on your system? I ask because I do not have these on my HS3 or HS4 system. Maybe something from another plugin? Did you have a look inside each to see what was in there?
                  Best regards,
                  -Mark-

Comment

Thanks, yea, I saw that last night when I was trying to debug and wondered why there was a 0000falseeee11111 in there. Lots of e's after the false! LOL

Comment

Worked, but it still crashed. Went into the Plugin management page and just turned it off and on again and it works great now. Thanks!

Comment

I'm getting a similar error. I'm using HSPi4 and a Ti103 with your beta version 3.0.0.51.

On the Plugin page for the X10 I get the following error message:

**FATAL**: Fatal exception in Ti103.InitX10

I can use the "Add a new X10 Device" but when I try and load the config page I get the following:

error - Input string was not in a correct format.-> at System.Number.ThrowOverflowOrFormatException (System.Boolean overflow, System.String overflowResourceKey) [0x0001a] in :0 at System.Number.ParseInt32 (System.ReadOnlySpan`1[T] value, System.Globalization.NumberStyles styles, System.Globalization.NumberFormatInfo info) [0x00016] in :0 at System.Int32.Parse (System.String s, System.IFormatProvider provider) [0x00017] in :0 at System.Convert.ToInt32 (System.String value) [0x0000b] in :0 at HSPI_X10.Web_PluginConfig.GetPagePlugin (System.String pageName, System.String user, System.Int32 userRights, System.String queryString) [0x000c5] in :0

Any advise as to where to look to fix this?

Duane Timmons

Comment

Hi Duane, sorry you're seeing something similar as well. Did you try editing your X10.ini file as mentioned in post #9 above? If not please give that a try and restart the plugin. If it does not resolve the issue please post a copy of your X10.ini file here so I can take a look at it.
                          Best regards,
                          -Mark-

Comment

Mark,

There may be a lot of corrupted .ini files out there now that you've fixed the issue. You might want to put in a test on the 'ignorehsstring' and if it has anything other than a 1 or 0 in the positions, just blow it away and replace it with all 1's.

It's been a while since I've coded in VB, in Objective-C it would be rather easy using predicates in in VB but you could just do a do/for loop on the substr() of the input value and if you don't find anything other than a 1 or 0, just correct it. I'm not sure if VB has a Select statement, or predicates where you could easily get a return code back if you set the predicate for a 0 | 1 and if it returns non-zero then you got a corrupted string.

It may save you a bit of postings, as this might start a trend when people start to install .51.

George

Comment

I will address this in a future release, just wanted to get you something that worked quickly. This issue has been present since v.47 (Feb2020) and you're the first to report it. Thanks again for your help!
                              Best regards,
                              -Mark-

Comment

Working...
                              X