X10 Plugin Config page crashes for Ti103 [Resolved]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark,

As requested I tried the edit listed in Post #9. Exact same results. Here are my files:

Original X10.ini (located in /usr/local/HomeSeer/Config)

[Default]
    PluginDebug=False
    Protocol=1
    ComPort=/dev/ttyUSB1
    baudrate=9600
    PollInterval=300
    execlog=True

With item from post #9

[Default]
    PluginDebug=False
    Protocol=1
    ComPort=/dev/ttyUSB1
    baudrate=9600
    PollInterval=300
    execlog=True
    ignorehcstring=0000000000000000

Exact same results. I tried just turning off the X10 plugin then turning it back on and rebooting Homeseer. When I turn on the X10 plugin I still get the "**FATAL**: Fatal exception in Ti103.InitX10" And when I try going to the config X10 option I get:

error - Input string was not in a correct format.-> at System.Number.ThrowOverflowOrFormatException (System.Boolean overflow, System.String overflowResourceKey) [0x0001a] in :0 at System.Number.ParseInt32 (System.ReadOnlySpan`1[T] value, System.Globalization.NumberStyles styles, System.Globalization.NumberFormatInfo info) [0x00016] in :0 at System.Int32.Parse (System.String s, System.IFormatProvider provider) [0x00017] in :0 at System.Convert.ToInt32 (System.String value) [0x0000b] in :0 at HSPI_X10.Web_PluginConfig.GetPagePlugin (System.String pageName, System.String user, System.Int32 userRights, System.String queryString) [0x000c5] in :0

Thanks for your help.

Duane

Comment

Duane,

I first thought you were off in the number of zero's. But I copied yours and Mark's and put them on top of each other and they are exactly the same.
      The only other thing I can think of, unless there is something else in the .ini file is, is there possibly be any spaces after the last zero?

If you post your full .ini file, we can compare. It's rather standard for all uses except the ignore values and the debug values.

Here is mine if you what to side by side compare.

I see that I have a [Settings} section where it seems that yours does not. I know that going after a .ini file you pass the section name and then the key.

[settings]
      PluginDebug=False
      Override=False
      [Default]
      Protocol=1
      PollInterval=300
      execlog=0
      ignorehcstring=1111111100000000
      baudrate=9600
      callbacklog=0
      outlog=0
      inlog=0
      rawlog=0
      ComPort=COM3

George

Comment

George,

I compared our files and the problem was the "execlog" value. My file has the word "True" and yours has the number "1". I changed the my file to "execlog=1" and all is good. Here is my current, working file:

[Default]
        PluginDebug=False
        Protocol=1
        ComPort=/dev/ttyUSB1
        baudrate=9600
        PollInterval=300
        execlog=1

I did not put the "ignorhcstring" value into my file. Now when I activate the plugin I get a green "OKAY" and I can now do all three functions (Add a new X10 device, Help, or Config Plugin).

Thanks for all the help!!

Duane

Comment

Yeah!!!

Comment

Gentlemen, upon reviewing the code more closely I see that there are issues with saving and loading some of the other Ti103 settings in addition to the corruption of ignorehcstring. I am working on this and will post a new version soon. Thank you for your assistance and patience!
            Best regards,
            -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
            Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Naa we just like bugging you! LOL

But as someone that still has about 70+ X10 devices, reliability of the plugin is a up on my list. Getting a wrong X-10 code can trigger an event that does something that would not be good. X-10 just isn't used to turn lights on and off, it can be used (as it's generic) as a messaging trigger between desperate systems to ask for or tell something to the other system.

And before anyone asks about MCQT(sp) and stuff like that, try teaching that to a hardwired OmniPro panel!

g

Comment

i install hs4 trial and install plugin for ti103
                my os is windows 10

i receive this message

**FATAL**: Fatal exception in Ti103.InitX10

thank you for help

Comment

Hello betheclub99 and welcome to HomeSeer! Sorry for the issue, please install the BETA version of the plugin (v3.0.0.51) which can be downloaded from here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...eases?t=185551 Be sure to get the Windows version! This BETA build fixes this particular issue with the plugin when run under HS4 and it will be released to the updater in the near future.

Once installed, enable the plugin in HS4 and go to the Config Plugin page to setup your com port and other Ti103 settings.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue and if not please enable 'Debug Logging' in the plugin. If the config page is still broken with this build you can enable debug logging by editing the X10.ini file located in the Config folder in your root HomeSeer folder. Just disable the plugin in HS, open the ini file with Notepad and change the entry PluginDebug=False to PluginDebug=True, save the file and restart the plugin. Then copy and post the entries in your HS log here, starting with the X10 plugin init entry up to the failure entry so I can see what's happening.

Best regards,
                  -Mark-

Comment

I've been running on 3.0.0 51 for a couple of months now and it's pretty stable on HS3.

Comment

Thanks for the update George! I have some new hoops to jump through to get new versions into the updater, hope to have some time for that soon.
                      Best regards,
                      -Mark-

Comment

I have been running version 3.0.0.50 for a Ti103 on Windows 10 HS4 for some time with success. However, not having read this thread previously, I set a housecode to "ignore" and for the dreaded "FATAL**: Fatal exception in Ti103.InitX10FATAL**: Fatal exception in Ti103.InitX10." Then Config Plugln yields this:

error - Input string was not in a correct format.-> at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal) at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info) at System.Convert.ToInt32(String value) at HSPI_X10.Web_PluginConfig.GetPagePlugin(String pageName, String user, Int32 userRights, String queryString)

I made the .ini file fix and tried moving to 3.0.0.51, but that version would not load. I got this message in the log:

HomeSeer~!~Warning~!~Plug-in X10 is set to load but was not found, removing from settings.

So then I tried the new beta 5.0.0.52 using the HS4 plug-in manager and now get this message:
                        **FATAL**: Fatal exception in Ti103.InitX10: String was not recognized as a valid Boolean.

When I try to access the config page I get:
                        error - String was not recognized as a valid Boolean.-> at System.Boolean.Parse(String value) at System.Convert.ToBoolean(String value) at HSPI_X10.Web_PluginConfig.GetPagePlugin(String pageName, String user, Int32 userRights, String queryString)error - String was not recognized as a valid Boolean.-> at System.Boolean.Parse(String value) at System.Convert.ToBoolean(String value) at HSPI_X10.Web_PluginConfig.GetPagePlugin(String pageName, String user, Int32 userRights, String queryString)

My current .ini file is:

[settings]
                        PluginDebug=False
                        Override=False
                        [Default]
                        Protocol=1
                        PollInterval=300
                        execlog=True
                        callbacklog=0
                        rawlog=0
                        inlog=0
                        outlog=True
                        ComPort=COM1
                        baudrate=9600

Anty thoughts?
                        --Dennis

Comment

What happens if you go back to the non-beta plugin? Also, try to disable the plugin from manage plugin's page and then do the download/update from the HS updater.

Some plugins (I know the Z-Wave plugin and Denon plugin are particularly sensitive to this and won't update if turned on) won't update if they are active.

Try to roll back and let us know.

I have 8 house codes disabled (I don't want HS to see A-O) and it has been working flawlessly for me for years.

Comment

GadgetHome Please uninstall whatever version of the X10 plugin you have installed. Edit your .ini as follows:

[settings]
                            PluginDebug=False
                            Override=False
                            [Default]
                            Protocol=1
                            PollInterval=300
                            execlog=True
                            callbacklog=0 <--Make this =False
                            rawlog=0 <--Make this =False
                            inlog=0 <--Make this =False
                            outlog=True
                            ComPort=COM1
                            baudrate=9600

Save your revesed .ini, install the beta version (52) and enable the plugin.

Let us know what happens!
                            Best regards,
                            -Mark-

Comment

Mark, that did the trick. Thanks!
                              --Dennis

Comment

Glad that fixed things up for you!

I thought I had resolved this issue but it appears there is more work to do...
                                Best regards,
                                -Mark-

Comment

Working...
                                X