Connected, waiting to be initialized...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a CM15A that i have been using on my Zee S2 (HS3) and now I'm trying to move to Windows 10 HS3 the configuration follows:

Current Date/Time: 10/16/2020 5:56:29 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
    System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 3 Minutes 35 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.92.10
    Number of Devices: 111
    Number of Events: 40
    Available Threads: 200
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 0
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed: Windows Defender
    In Virtual Machine: No MFG: dell inc.
    Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.12: CM15A
    5.5.2.0: mcsMQTT
    3.0.2.0: Z-Wave

The problem is when I imported the configuration .. None of the X10 devices worked.
    Then I noticed the Device tab 4 (CM15A) is not there for any of my X10 devices.
    Further looking at the log shows:
    Oct-16 17:52:57 mcsMQTT MQTTClient is Connected to broker 1 at 192.168.92.19
    Oct-16 17:52:57 Z-Wave 71 total Z-Wave Data Objects loaded.
    Oct-16 17:52:57 Z-Wave Network ED0887B5 has 71 device data elements.
    Oct-16 17:52:57 Z-Wave 1 Networks were restored from the data in the database... Building data connections.
    Oct-16 17:52:57 Z-Wave Loading Z-Wave Data Objects...
    Oct-16 17:52:57 Z-Wave 1 total Z-Wave Network Objects loaded.
    Oct-16 17:52:57 Z-Wave Loading Z-Wave Network Objects...
    Oct-16 17:52:57 Z-Wave Database: Opening (Mode=Read Only) up HomeSeer database C:\HS3\Data\Z-Wave\Z-Wave2.db
    Oct-16 17:52:56 Z-Wave InitIO called, plug-in version 3.0.2.0 is being initialized...
    Oct-16 17:52:56 Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin Z-Wave ...
    Oct-16 17:52:56 Info Plugin Z-Wave has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:65262
    Oct-16 17:52:56 Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in mcsMQTT
    Oct-16 17:52:56 Starting Plug-In mcsMQTT loaded in 504 milliseconds
    Oct-16 17:52:56 mcsMQTT Version 5.5.2.0 Registered with Homeseer
    Oct-16 17:52:56 Starting Plug-In Plugin mcsMQTT started successfully in 36 milliseconds
    Oct-16 17:52:56 Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin mcsMQTT ...
    Oct-16 17:52:56 Info Plugin mcsMQTT has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:65259
    Oct-16 17:52:56 Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in CM15A
    Oct-16 17:52:56 Starting Plug-In CM15A loaded in 304 milliseconds
    Oct-16 17:52:56 Starting Plug-In Plugin CM15A started successfully in 105 milliseconds
    Oct-16 17:52:56 CM15A Error Exception in Find_Create_Devices/Enumerator: Conversion from string "CM15A Error: DeSerializing objec" to type 'Integer' is not valid.
    Oct-16 17:52:55 CM15A Initialization Successful.
    Oct-16 17:52:55 Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin CM15A ...
    Oct-16 17:52:55 Info Plugin CM15A has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:65257
    Oct-16 17:52:55 Startup Initializing Plug-Ins
    Oct-16 17:52:55 Plug-In Found plug-in: Z-Wave, version: 3.0.2.0
    Oct-16 17:52:55 Plug-In Found plug-in: mcsMQTT, version: 5.5.2.0
    Oct-16 17:52:55 Plug-In Found plug-in: CM15A, version: 3.0.0.12
    Oct-16 17:52:55 Startup Checking for available plug-ins

I don't remember seeing that CM15A Error before.

So I ask is that Error normal ?
    What did I miss in converting to Windows 10 that would stop all my x10 devices from showing there CM15 information Tab (and not functioning) ?
    How might I fix this ?

Thanks for any help!

PS: the HSPI_CM15A.exe cmd box the pops up when I start HS3 shows the following:

Connecting to server at 127.0.0.1...

and seems to never get initialized , even though the log file shows initialization finalized for the CM15A:

To remove the CMD box you will want to uncheck the Developer Mode found in Setup > General > Other Settings
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks Rupp for pointing me to the Developer Mode - I found it on the Installed Plug-Ins Page. ( That solved the CMD boxes.)

Any idea on the Error Message that shows in the log?

And more importantly why none of my X10 devices transferred with the CM15A tab ? ( and they no longer work on X10 )

Any idea hope I can just get the CM15A tab back ? or rebuild the device ?

Thanks for any help.

Comment

rebel3 Sorry that you're having these issues. First you should know that the CM15a plugin for Linux is a COMPLETELY different plugin than the Windows version and the internal data structures are very likely different. I have never tested moving a HS data file between Linux and Windows or vise versa.

Just so I'm clear: you were using HS3-Pi on a Zee S2 (R-Pi) and you've moved that HS data file to a Win 10 machine running HS3 - correct?

What version of the CM15a plugin was used on your Zee S2?

From the log snip you provided it appears that the Windows CM15a v12 plugin is initializing but either it or HS3 is not able to read the CM15a device data in the HS file stored by the Linux version; hence the de-serializing error in your log.

As a quick test, backup your current HS3 data file and and create a brand new blank HS file. Then enable the CM15a plugin, try creating a new CM15a device and test if you can control the device from HS. If this is all working then the issue is an incompatibility between the Linux and Windows versions of the plugin and it will require some effort on my part to evaluate what the issue is and whether there is a way to fix it.

If you zip up your troublesome HS3 data file and post it (or send it via a PM) I will load it up and investigate what's going on.

Please note that I inherited the X10 & CM15a plugins from HST (I'm not the original author) and have been supporting these since HST decided to discontinue support for this aging technology. I do this on a voluntary basis when I'm able. Unfortunately I'm completely swamped with my business (http://www.solidterrainmodelng.com) so I cannot promise a quick turn solution but will take a look at it when I am able.
        Best regards,
        -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
        Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Mark,

Yes, running HS3-pi on the Zee S2 and the version is 3.0.0.5
          When I first tried the HS3 on Windows 10 I was also using the legacy X15 version and have upgraded to 3.0.0.12 just to try it. (nothing different)

Thanks for the information on the plugins being completely different.

I ordered another CM15A (ebay) yesterday so I can work on the Windows Version without continually switching the CM15A back and forth. (probably a week away)
          My plan is to get on Windows 10 HS3 so I can convert to HS4 .. I tried to move directly to HS4 and that was a disaster. (mostly Zwave .. and I backed off)

The main reason for the move was the problems with the X10 devices not providing event triggers when they change, and I was hoping this was solved on the Windows version or the HS4 version. Initial testing on windows 10 stills shows that that has not changed. Note: .. even on the Linux Zee S2 if a CMD is received from the CM15A (by wireless remote or another wired sender) the event triggers work fine (always have) .. event triggers do not work if you make a change directly on the device under home or by the HS Touch or if the device change comes in from MQTT. ( Event triggers work well with all Z Wave devices whenever or however their state changes. )

If I create a new X15 device on Window 10 HS3 Pro software ... the CM15 tab shows and the device works. (However, still no event signaling).

Where would I look to be able to see the CM15 stored configuration in the database ? I can see the devices, I can't seem to find the table with the detail.
          I'd like to see what is or isn't stored there for my devices.

Thanks again for you help,
          and keep up the great work on these plugins!

Kris

Comment

Hi Kris,

Thanks for confirming you were using the older v.5 version of the plugin under Linux. Please note that there is a v.6 version that adds support for HS4 under Linux and you can get this from the BETA page here in the forum.

The main reason for the move was the problems with the X10 devices not providing event triggers when they change... event triggers do not work if you make a change directly on the device under home or by the HS Touch or if the device change comes in from MQTT.
            Can you give me an example or two of a trigger that does not work? Please note that the plugin is only involved for X10 data received triggers and is not involved for device related triggers, such as "When Device XYZ changes to ON" and then the device is changed either by the user on the devices page or by another plugin.

The data for CM15a devices is stored within each device in the HS database (in PlugExtraData) as a serialized byte stream and this data is managed by the plugin. Unfortunately there is no way for you to view this info but there's nothing special in there, here's a list of what is stored:
            Housecode, DeviceCode, CurrentValue, LastCommand, LastData1, LastData2, DeviceType, DimType.

If I create a new X15 device on Window 10 HS3 Pro software ... the CM15 tab shows and the device works. (However, still no event signaling).
            Just to confirm, are you saying that the plugin is working under Win10 with HS3 and that you can send and receive X10 data on the powerline?

Will you be providing a copy of your HS file (from your Zee) for me to evaluate on my test system so I can try to see where this issue is occurring?

Best regards,
            -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
            Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Working...
            X