No announcement yet.

problem x10 plugins with ti103

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Under the Plug-In drop down menu select Add. Then scroll all the way to the bottom of the legacy list.
    Barry

Comment

ok thank you

Comment

Please uninstall the existing plugin before installing the BETA plugin, as outlined in post #29 above.
        Best regards,
        -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
        Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

look my log
          Attached Files

Comment

please look my log log (1) (1).txt

Comment

betheclub99 I have spent quite a bit of time reviewing this issue and it appears that, very occasionally, your serial port errors in a way that is difficult to detect in a reliable way. This is not a straightforward issue and will likely take a lot of time to discover why this intermittent error occurs and how to guard against it - especially since I cannot reproduce it on any of my hardware.

I assume you are using a USB to serial adapter - correct? If so, these are notorious for causing problems. Please try using a different serial port adapter (different brand/model) and let me know if doing this clears up the problem.
              Best regards,
              -Mark-

Comment

no the ti103 is rs232 and connect directly in my computer
                i hold version homeseer many year and no problem i change for the new version the homeseer and problem
                is possible purchase new interface for the x10 module and connect to homeseer?
                thank you

Comment

I understand your frustration that you've used HS for many years with your Ti103 interface without any issues. To be honest the low level Ti103 code in the X10 plugin is almost exactly the same same code that was used in HS2! Some glue code has been added to it but none of this has any effect on the serial communication routines.

The error that is occurring on your system is unique, no other users have reported it and I cannot replicate it. I will continue to try to duplicate your issue.

If there are issues with your hardware and you change to a CM11a interface I suspect you may encounter a similar mysterious problem.

Any chance you are willing to try using a USB to serial adapter and see if it make a difference?

Best regards,
                  -Mark-
                  Best regards,
                  -Mark-

Comment

i purchase tomorrow in amazon USB serial adapter
                    thank you...

Comment

Thank you, hopefully it will make a difference.
                      Best regards,
                      -Mark-

Comment

Originally posted by mfisher View Post
                        The error that is occurring on your system is unique, no other users have reported it and I cannot replicate it. I will continue to try to duplicate your issue...
                        This has been fixed, but speaking of unique, have you ever seen this kind of error? I am using TI103 and it was showing something like "start pending" in Plug In management page. I fixed it by deleting all things related to X-10, except devices, and then installed 3.0.0.52 on Windows 10 and HS3 Pro.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Errors.png
Views:	95
Size:	467.0 KB
ID:	1450740
                        "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
                        "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Hello Richel, definitely an odd error. Could you post the text (not a screenshot) of this entire error along with the related preceeding log entries so I can see what might cause this?
                          Best regards,
                          -Mark-

Comment

Originally posted by mfisher View Post
                            Hello Richel, definitely an odd error. Could you post the text (not a screenshot) of this entire error along with the related preceeding log entries so I can see what might cause this?
                            Well, would that I could. This happened a couple of weeks ago and when I looked at the log, this stuff went for pages and pages. I will see if I can find it from a database back then.
                            "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
                            "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

No worries, please post if it happens again.
                              Best regards,
                              -Mark-

Comment

Working...
                              X