HS4 and X10 small joy only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 and X10 small joy only

I am 100% X10 and have been running HS4 for about a month. HS 4 definitely does not float my boat. But aside from that, questions to you other X10/HS4 diehard users:

Is there anyway to sort (not filter) on the X10 address on the HS4 (html) device management page?
    In fact, is there any sorting at all?
    Is there anyway to get the HS3 (deviceutility) browser page on a remote connection?

Thanks!
    Almost forgot. Thank you Mark, for your dedication.

Hi Dave,

Is there anyway to sort (not filter) on the X10 address on the HS4 (html) device management page?
    In fact, is there any sorting at all?
    To be honest I've not yet moved my production HS environment to HS4 yet, and have only used HS4 to test builds of the X10 plugins and assist with plugin issues, so I am by no means an expert on the HS4 user interface.

After a cursory look it appears that you can only sort based on Name, Room, Floor or Change. Since HS has completely moved away from the X10-centric nature of it's past I am not surprised that sorting based on a plugin's internal address or other reference is not included. My only suggestions would be to either 1) name each X10 device with the X10 code, like 'A10 - Living Room Lights' or 2) use the Room or Floor fields and add the code there. Any of these could be sorted by the X10 code.

Is there anyway to get the HS3 (deviceutility) browser page on a remote connection?
    Do you mean a remote connection to a HS3 machine or a HS3 DeviceUtility page on HS4?

Almost forgot. Thank you Mark, for your dedication.
    You are most welcome! Thank you for using the plugin and for providing feedback!

Best regards,
    -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
    Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Dave,
      The Jon00 plugin "deviceutility" for HS3 works OK in HS4

Click image for larger version

Name:	Deviceutility.png
Views:	79
Size:	440.6 KB
ID:	1442282

Hope this is helpful
      Willem

Comment

Originally posted by WFBAKKER View Post
        Dave,
        The Jon00 plugin "deviceutility" for HS3 works OK in HS4

Click image for larger version  Name:	Deviceutility.png Views:	0 Size:	440.6 KB ID:	1442282

Hope this is helpful
        Willem
        FYI, nothing to do with me. /deviceutility is the legacy HS3 device utility page in HS4.
        Jon

Comment

WFBAKKER: Thanks!! I downloaded a couple of Jon00's plugins, but will not be able to try until new year. Appreciate your help.

Jon00: Yes I use the "deviceutility" page on the HS4 machine. It appears to be the only way to sort anything on the device management page. I keep asking, what was Rich thinking. I use sorting far more than filtering. I am impressed with your list of plugin help for Homeseer!

Thank you! It appears your productivity answers many of the HS weaknesses.

Comment

Working...
          X