X10 Plugin stuck.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X10 Plugin stuck.....

So, been happily running X10's for years. Just yesterday the X10's quit.
    The plugin is stuck on 'starting'
    Restarted HS4 numerous times, rebooted the Intel NUC w/ Win10 numerous times. Moved the Ti103 t0 a couple different outlets. checked all the cabling, checked the USB-serial Prolific driver.
    Loaded, unloaded, and reloaded the plugin.... been through whole debug routine.....
    Still no success.
    Tried the .52 version. Really bad. 'Fatal Exception.......'

VERY UNHAPPY AND CONFUSED.

A little help, please.....someone, anyone.......
    Attached Files

Did you by any chance move your USB port to another. If so the COM port will have changed.

Comment

thanks for the reply.
      No, haven't moved the USB plug. checked the port and driver and all very carefully.
      I did just see something odd in the start up log, below. 3rd line from the bottom.
      going to disable and remove the plugin, restarting HS each time, then delete ALL the X10 files, and re-install the plugin again through the GUI. see what happens.
      Attached Files

Comment

Ok, now it's just weird......
        so I stripped the X10 plugin(s) and all references to the X10 plugin. not the devices.
        restarted HS4, stopped HS4, rebooted, restarted HS4, added the X10 plugin, version .50,
        low and behold, v.52 shows up in the startup log, and in the plugin listing............WTF.
        shut down the plugin, removed the plugin, restarted HS4, and X10 v.50 shows up. WORKING.
        no clue here. just hope it continues to function.
        doing a config backup immediately
        fingers crossed.

Comment

Weird. You had .52 and went down to .50. I've been running .51 now for about 8 months and it's been very stable.

I wonder if I'm stuck in the middle and should stay there?

Comment

Originally posted by 45rogue View Post
            Ok, now it's just weird......
            so I stripped the X10 plugin(s) and all references to the X10 plugin. not the devices.
            restarted HS4, stopped HS4, rebooted, restarted HS4, added the X10 plugin, version .50,
            low and behold, v.52 shows up in the startup log, and in the plugin listing............WTF.
            shut down the plugin, removed the plugin, restarted HS4, and X10 v.50 shows up. WORKING.
            no clue here. just hope it continues to function.
            doing a config backup immediately
            fingers crossed.
            When you say that you "stripped the X10 plugin(s) and all references to the X10 plugin" what steps did you take to accomplish this? Did you simply uninstall it/them from the HS user interface, or did you manually delete the plugin .exe file in the HS directory? Shutting down HS and deleting the HSPI_X10.exe file in the HS directory will completely remove the plugin. The only other files for the X10 plugin are: \Config\X10.ini (which stores your plugin settings) and the \html\X10 directory (which contains the help file).

Please delete the plugin exe file and then reinstall the plugin using the Plugins/Add menu in HS. Do not install the BETA X10 plugin, this is a test only version for one user!

Please let me know what happens.
            Best regards,
            -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
            Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Well, darn. It did it again...... X10 stopped working. Went to the Plugins page and X10 plugin is stuck on 'starting' once more.
              Did what you directed. Removed the plugin in the Plugins page. Shut down HS4. Deleted the .exe, and the .ini (after copying it...) Rebooted.
              Then, I updated from HS4 4.1.7.0 to 4.1.11.0. no issues there....
              Added X10 .50 from via the Plugins page, started it, set the correct com port. Even power cycled the Ti103 unit.
              And it stuck on 'starting.....'
              Shut down HS, rebooted, started HS. The Startup Log says X10 'started successfully'...........see below pic.
              But Plugin page says 'starting'..................see pic.
              X10 plugin not working.......
              Now what Mr. Wizard?

FYI. I do have a usb-serial adapter. uses a prolific driver. checked device manager and all looks good......Com5.
              and I just Disabled the 'USB Selective Suspend'

EDIT............just unplugged and replugged the USB-Serial adapter and IT WORKS NOW !!!! maybe a clue?
              Attached Files

Comment

It appears that HS4 does not auto-update the 'Installed Plugins' page. When I enable the X10 plugin from this page the status remains on "Info: Starting..." and does not change. If I simply refresh the browser page then the status changes to OKAY. To know the actual status please use the plugin config page and the log.

Looking at your log in the post above, the plugin was loaded, initialized and is running properly. What I do not see in your log (perhaps it is below the HStouch Server entry) is an entry of "Ti103 communications established!" Can you please confirm whether this is in your log or not after starting the plugin? This entry is the confirmation that the plugin can communicate with the Ti103.

If you are not seeing this entry then there is a problem between the plugin and your Ti103. You stated that Windows reports COM5 is ok so the USB part of your USB-Serial adapter seems to be working. I think your added comment:
                ..........just unplugged and replugged the USB-Serial adapter and IT WORKS NOW !!!! maybe a clue?
                really is your clue - a physical change to the connection changes the condition. It looks like there's an issue with your hardware and I would suspect the connection between your USB-Serial adapter and the Ti103, or the Ti103 itself. Perhaps an intermittent serial connection? A crimped cable? A bad USB adapter?
                Best regards,
                -Mark-

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post
                  Weird. You had .52 and went down to .50. I've been running .51 now for about 8 months and it's been very stable.

I wonder if I'm stuck in the middle and should stay there?
                  Hey George,

v50, v51 and v52 are all identical except for an additional debug message in v52 (v51 was a change of a comment) so no need to wonder...

-Mark-
                  Best regards,
                  -Mark-

Comment

Mark,
                    thanks for checking in.
                    here's my entire StartupLog from this morning, after a Windows update and reboot.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 45rogue View Post
                      Mark,
                      thanks for checking in.
                      here's my entire StartupLog from this morning, after a Windows update and reboot.
                      Hmmm, not one entry for the X10 plugin? HS doesn't even report seeing it installed...
                      Best regards,
                      -Mark-

Comment

Originally posted by mfisher View Post

Hey George,

v50, v51 and v52 are all identical except for an additional debug message in v52 (v51 was a change of a comment) so no need to wonder...

-Mark-
                        Mark,

Great thanks, I'll upgrade to .52 and let you know.

g

Comment

Working...
                        X