Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X10 Devices in HS4: Status Graphics do not update [issue is with HS4, not plugin]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X10 Devices in HS4: Status Graphics do not update [issue is with HS4, not plugin]

I am new to Homeseer but not new to HA. I have HS running on a RPi 3 with the CM15a plugin. I successfully created 2 devices that can turn on/off an X10 lamp module and appliance module. But, the Status Graphics do not toggle. I created a virtual Device to compare, and it has some "Control" functionality that Is not in the X10 devices, and the Status Graphic toggles to yellow when on. Any thoughts?

I have continued reading since posting this and my problem seems to be similar to the one logged as HS-760. No progress since May 2020??

While poking around trying to learn HS, I discovered that if I turn on my 2- X10 devices, and leave the Devices page in HS and return, the status lights are on. It does not seem to matter where I go either.
    Last edited by Mooose; July 25, 2021, 12:07 PM. Reason: Info Update

Comment

For HS4 you have to use Jon00 links to see the old device list and add an X10 device. IE: adding a device shows the X10 stuff.

or use the old device utility link / page that is still there but you have to type it by hand... /deviceutility

This is not present in the HS4 device list when you add a device. It is a bit of a PITA but easy as it is the same as HS3 with the same device list you see in HS3.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks for the reply Pete. I am new to Homeseer and I do not know what Jon00 links are, yet.

Update, I found the Jon00 links page. Which download do I need?

Comment

Jon00 links stuff and reference to it are here ==> Jon00 Links for Homeseer 4 what it does is provide some easy to read HS3 web gui stuff.

Meanwhile just use the old HS3 devices page to add your X10 devices.

To see the old HS3 devices page just go to the homepage on HS3 which defaults to the HS4 devices page and type in deviceutility so it looks like this

hxxp://my.homeseer.ip.address/deviceutility
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Okay, now I get it. Thanks. So, there is no fix for the symptoms described above? I was afraid that I missed something, or I needed to tweak something that I missed.

Comment

No.

HST has removed / sunsetted the built in X10 stuff in HS4 and has left many pieces (links) to the Homeseer 3 X10 stuff for those using it.

Mark Fisher continues to support X-10 gratis for the legacy X10 users.
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by Mooose View Post
                I have continued reading since posting this and my problem seems to be similar to the one logged as HS-760. No progress since May 2020??

While poking around trying to learn HS, I discovered that if I turn on my 2- X10 devices, and leave the Devices page in HS and return, the status lights are on. It does not seem to matter where I go either.
                Unfortunately this is an issue within HS4, and I don't recall whether it's both Linux and RPi or just RPi. The X10 plugin simply informs HS that a device's status (level) has been changed and HS handles the display of the devices. I have just tested for this issue under Windows and can confirm that device icons are updated appropriately in the native HS4 interface (Jon00 plugins not needed unless you want to HS3 views). Unfortunately my Linux dev environment needs a complete rebuild so it will be a while before I can test this again.

I would suggest that you post your confirmation of this issue on the thread started by Cor that you mention above:
                https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...-legacy-gui-ok
                and also post or update the ticket on the support site so the HST dev team will get pinged:
                https://dev.homeseer.com/servicedesk...nation=portals

Also, please be sure you're adding new X10 devices from the menu: Plugins / X10 / Add a new X10 device. This is the only way to add a new X10 device in HS4 (unless you're using the older HS3 pages as Pete mentioned above):

Click image for larger version

Name:	HS4_AddNewX10Device.JPG
Views:	296
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	1486327

Best regards,
                -Mark-
                Best regards,
                -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
                Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...3-is-available

Hey! Look what the guys just updated with DEVICEUTILITY page... It's back on HS4 beta (18.3) ...
                  DTP

Comment

Originally posted by mfisher View Post

Unfortunately this is an issue within HS4, and I don't recall whether it's both Linux and RPi or just RPi. The X10 plugin simply informs HS that a device's status (level) has been changed and HS handles the display of the devices. I have just tested for this issue under Windows and can confirm that device icons are updated appropriately in the native HS4 interface (Jon00 plugins not needed unless you want to HS3 views). Unfortunately my Linux dev environment needs a complete rebuild so it will be a while before I can test this again.

I would suggest that you post your confirmation of this issue on the thread started by Cor that you mention above:
                    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...-legacy-gui-ok
                    and also post or update the ticket on the support site so the HST dev team will get pinged:
                    https://dev.homeseer.com/servicedesk...nation=portals

Also, please be sure you're adding new X10 devices from the menu: Plugins / X10 / Add a new X10 device. This is the only way to add a new X10 device in HS4 (unless you're using the older HS3 pages as Pete mentioned above):

Click image for larger version  Name:	HS4_AddNewX10Device.JPG Views:	117 Size:	84.9 KB ID:	1486327

Best regards,
                    -Mark-
                    Hi Mark I just opened a ticket for some reason I can no longer create an X10 device since updating to HS 4.2.5.0

Never mind the X10 Plugin appeared to be up to date in the pluin manger but I manually forced the update from 3.0.0.46 to .50 and all is good!!

Comment

Working...
                    X