X10 scripting in VBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X10 scripting in VBA

I had VBA programs that used the ActiveHome SDK and it worked well until Windows 10. Is there as way to Script in VBA with any of your products to control X10 switches/ universal modules. I need a way to power on/off devices form my programs. This is used to control devices I have in a remote astronomical observatory.

In HomeSeer VBScript scripts end in .vbs or .vb . Other than that you can use normal scripting and the HomeSeer Script interface documentation found in the scripting forum.

Comment

Originally posted by ruggirel View Post
      I had VBA programs that used the ActiveHome SDK and it worked well until Windows 10. Is there as way to Script in VBA with any of your products to control X10 switches/ universal modules. I need a way to power on/off devices form my programs. This is used to control devices I have in a remote astronomical observatory.
      Can you elaborate a bit more on what you're trying to accomplish and how you've been doing it? You mentioned VBA - have you been controlling your X10 device(s) from a Microsoft Office application? Just want to be sure you meant VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) and not VBS (Visual Basic Scripting), is this correct? If so, as George mentioned above HomeSeer can interpret Visual Basic.net, C# and Visual Basic Scripting for user programming, but does not include a VBA interpreter.

To my knowledge the ActiveHome SDK still works under Windows 10. In fact, the CM15a plugin for Windows uses this to communicate with the CM15a hardware.

Since HomeSeer is an automation tool, it is likely that you can accomplish your objectives using HomeSeer, and the free X10 or CM15a plugin (depending on the X10 interface hardware you have), without any programming.

Best regards,
      -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
      Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Actually I missed a little of the original post. As you are still using X-10, I assume you either have a TM-103 (preferred) or a TW-523 or CM-11a. You can use Marks great X10 plugin to fully support your X-10 devices as well as GUI support and scripting support.

Comment

Working...
        X