Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to create MS-16 type motion/light sensors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to create MS-16 type motion/light sensors?

How does one handle the good old MS-16 or MS-18, etc....
    They have 2 functions: motion and light
    When create a new X-10 device via the plugin, only 1 device (feature) is created. What type of device is created? I don't think it's a virtual or product device as outlined in the HS4 KB.

Is there some way to combine these 2 functions as Features of a root device? Shouldn't be that much programming....🙄

The object is to utilize them in BLRadar, but when I add a BLRadar Sensor the currently created devices do not show up in the device drop down list of potential devices.
    What gives?

Have a read here:

Using WIRELESS X10 devices only? Please read this!

Here utilize a couple of WGL W800's.

There are other options. IE: RFxCom is one of them.

And you can try putting wireless on powerline using this device: X10 TM751Wireless Transceiver Module
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete,
      thanks. the wireless is not the problem. I use BLRF and a WGL W800. Reception/transmission is good.

Comment

It's just like in HS2, HS3, and now HS4. If you want to use the built in light detection you simply create a new X10 device that is on unit code higher than the motion sensor. So if you motion sensor is A1, your light sensor will be A2. Is this what you are asking?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp,
          wow, another momentous reply..... 1st Pete now you...
          No, I totally understand how the sensors work.

I want to combine them into one 'product' type device.
          When I add a z-wave sensor it gets a root, and several children, correct?
          That's what I would like to create for the X-10 MS style. Makes sense, huh.

How can I do this? without lots of coding..... Are there a few parameters in the devices.json file that could be manually edited? Is there line by line documentation for devices.json? where please?

Please let me know what to do, where to go from here.....
          Thanks.

Comment

Unfortunately, I do not know of a way to accomplish what you're asking - Rupp & Pete, please chime in if I am incorrect!

The X10/CM15a plugins create and manage the X10 devices and they do not support the newer HS parent/child device relationships. Adding this functionality would be a major change to the plugins, and since these are free plugins that I volunteer to support in my spare time I do not foresee a major redesign coming any time soon.
            Best regards,
            -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
            Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Helped a HS user last week with his X10 on his new HS4 build.

Went to using the HS3 device page to configure his X10 stuff which is using the "deviceutility" HS3 page leftover in HS4. Once this is done then you will see the devices in HS4.

Another way is to add/implement Jon00 links plugin to get to the deviceutility page.

You add them manually as mentioned above by Rupp. The MR sensors are all the same. Nothing special but only the HS3 way. IE: you cannot implement X10 on HS4 out of the box without using the HS3 device utility page.

That is all I can offer at this time.

- Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete Are you saying that you are no longer able to add new X10 devices via the 'Plugins' / 'X10' / 'Add New X10 Device' menu in HS4?
                Best regards,
                -Mark-

Comment

Yes... but not with your Plugin....which I forgot to mention....only with the Insteon / X10 plugin....(mnsandler plugin).....user had both your plugin and mnsandler Insteon/x10 plugin....after a while on his computer noticed he did not have a CM11A plugged in (but he had installed your plugin)...and only an Insteon PLM plugged in....he couldn't get to the computer cables on the back of his Homeseer computer....

This was an East coast Massachusetts user...

Help a few HS users here pro bono and losing track....cuz I do not write anything down....

Yesterday got a call from a Minnesota user still mostly using X10 with a few UPB switches in place...which he set up some 20 years ago...and running on an XP box....
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                    Helped a HS user last week with his X10 on his new HS4 build.

Went to using the HS3 device page to configure his X10 stuff which is using the "deviceutility" HS3 page leftover in HS4. Once this is done then you will see the devices in HS4.

Another way is to add/implement Jon00 links plugin to get to the deviceutility page.

You add them manually as mentioned above by Rupp. The MR sensors are all the same. Nothing special but only the HS3 way. IE: you cannot implement X10 on HS4 out of the box without using the HS3 device utility page.

That is all I can offer at this time.
                    Thank you, Thank You, Thank you!!!!

I was trying to figure out how to do virtual device and I could not figure it out.. until this... now i can as I do not want on/off buttons for motion
                    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                      Yes... but not with your Plugin....which I forgot to mention....only with the Insteon / X10 plugin....(mnsandler plugin).....user had both your plugin and mnsandler Insteon/x10 plugin....after a while on his computer noticed he did not have a CM11A plugged in (but he had installed your plugin)...and only an Insteon PLM plugged in....he couldn't get to the computer cables on the back of his Homeseer computer....
                      Hi Pete, thanks for helping everyone out - you are a saint!

Can you tell me what happens in HS4 when you go to Plugins / X10 / Add New X10 Device? I just tried this in the last build of HS4 and it opens the new X10 device page which creates a new X10 device when you click save. Please help me understand what's happening in your UI as I'd like to get this resolved.
                      Best regards,
                      -Mark-

Comment

Originally posted by mfisher View Post

Hi Pete, thanks for helping everyone out - you are a saint!

Can you tell me what happens in HS4 when you go to Plugins / X10 / Add New X10 Device? I just tried this in the last build of HS4 and it opens the new X10 device page which creates a new X10 device when you click save. Please help me understand what's happening in your UI as I'd like to get this resolved.
                        I am reading that as it works...
                        What issue are you seeing?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
                          I am reading that as it works...
                          What issue are you seeing?

Pete said:
                          Yes... but not with your Plugin...
                          And you mentioned you couldn't figure out how to add new (X10) virtual devices:
                          Thank you, Thank You, Thank you!!!!

I was trying to figure out how to do virtual device and I could not figure it out.. until this... now i can as I do not want on/off buttons for motion
                          So, what is happening in your HS4 UI when you go to Plugins / X10 / Add new X10 device?
                          Best regards,
                          -Mark-

Comment

Pete said:

So, what is happening in your HS4 UI when you go to Plugins / X10 / Add new X10 device?
                            i will show ya later. at mma now...
                            but all seems to be there..but I am not sure devices are updating... more to come...

Comment

Pete said:

you can see here... It is still uploading as I am going to bed but it is going... should be done when you are online.

https://youtu.be/xkJlmtYwJk0

Comment

Working...
                              X