Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X10 Plugin Install

Hello,
    I purchased a Model CM11A and I am trying to use it as an interface with HomeSeer HS4, to use with X-10 light modules.

When I installed the Plugin in HomeSeer, the plugin X-10 originally asked for the port, when installing, which I wasn't sure of initially. Now I can't see how to get back to that part of the install. I tried uninstalling the plugin and reinstalling, but it doesn't ask for the port when reinstalling. I get the attached warning message when trying to run it.

Operating System
    Windows
    Interface
    HS4
    System Profile
    Date/time=5/22/2022 4:33:23 PM PDT
    Version=HomeSeer HS4 Pi Hub G3 Edition 4.2.12.0 (Linux)
    MONO Version=Mono JIT compiler version 6.12.0.122 (tarball Mon Feb 22 17:40:01 UTC 2021)

How can I tell the plugin the correct port?

Thank you,
    Jeff
    Attached Files

Typically for Linux if only one USB device is plugged in then it will be /dev/ttyUSB0 or just ttyUSB0 in the drop down box.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Hi Pete,

What Drop Down Box are you referring to? I have multiple USB's plugged into the computer.

Thank you,
      Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
        Hi Pete,

What Drop Down Box are you referring to? I have multiple USB's plugged into the computer.

Thank you,
        Jeff
        Pete gave you the answer for Linux. But I see you are using Windows. The only reliable way that I've found is to go into Device Manager and expand the USB section. You'll see a lot of USB devices.

Now here's where it becomes tricky and a friend helping could be great. Take note of the USB device (COM1, 2, etc). The moment you unplug the CM11A it will immediately drop off the list, instant refresh. So going behind and then looking at the screen without taking note can be confusing.

Now, find the one that's not there anymore. Plug the CM11A back in and that COM port should magically appear again. That's the COM port that the plugin is looking for.

Comment

It is Linux...IE:

Drop down box is in the X10 configuration page.

A USB to serial cable will be utilized for a CM11A which always appear as a ttyUSX device.

Try everyone you see. One of them will connect HS4 Plugin to the CM11A.

root@ICS-HS4:~# cd /dev/
          root@ICS-HS4:/dev# ls ttyUS*
          ttyUSB0

Click image for larger version

Name:	X10.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	1553843
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Jeff, you will set the ComPort to use for your CM11a on the X10 plugin Config page, which you access from the HS4 menu: Plugins / X10 / Plugin Config. The screen shot Pete provided in the post above is of the config page (on his Linux system). If you're not sure which ComPort your CM11a is connected to just select a port from the dropdown and click the Update button. If the plugin cannot connect to the CM11a on that port it will tell you. Continue trying each entry until you find the one it connects to. The plugin will remember that setting.

Please let me know if you're not able to access the plugin page when the plugin is in this state so I can look into the issue.
            Best regards,
            -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
            Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Hi George, Pete, and Mark, Thank you for your suggestions. I have already figured out which comport the CM11a is attached to. What I can't seem to get to is the setting in HS4 to change the comport. Mark, when I go to the Plugins, all I see is the attached. I cannot see how to get to the Plugin Config. you are showing above: Plugins / X10 / Plugin Config.
              As mentioned earlier, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the X10 Plugin and it doesn't ask for the port location this time around.
              I am not a computer wiz, but understand things fairly well. Thanks again for your help.
              Jeff
              Attached Files

Comment

Interesting I do not see the "More" box with a down arrow on your picture. That box and drop down is how you set the port.

Congratulations Jeff. You are the first X10 plugin user not seeing this.
                I am running Homeseer 4.2.13.0. Wondering if that might be a bug with 4.2.12.0.
                Try removing the plugin. Updating to HS 4.2.13.0 then reinstalling the plugin.

None the less you can edit the ini file with the com port....disable plugin first then ssh to your Homeseer box and...

The file sits here ==> /HomeSeer/config/X10.ini

sudo nano X10.ini

[settings]
                PluginDebug=False
                [Default]
                ComPort=/dev/ttyUSB0
                Protocol=0
                PluginDebug=True
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

BTW a quickie suggestion. You shouldn't post your email address on your screen shot for HS4. Better still you can use any name you want for your user ID for HS4 rather than an email address. IE: I use Pete and Homeseer for Homeseer users. Same as HS1, HS2 and HS3.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                    Hi George, Pete, and Mark, Thank you for your suggestions. I have already figured out which comport the CM11a is attached to. What I can't seem to get to is the setting in HS4 to change the comport. Mark, when I go to the Plugins, all I see is the attached. I cannot see how to get to the Plugin Config. you are showing above: Plugins / X10 / Plugin Config.
                    As mentioned earlier, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the X10 Plugin and it doesn't ask for the port location this time around.
                    I am not a computer wiz, but understand things fairly well. Thanks again for your help.
                    Jeff
                    Jeff, what items are listed when you click the HS4 "Plugins" menu item? Here's my test system:

Name:	HS4 Plugin Menu - X10 Items.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	1554315

In your first post of this thread you stated:
                    Operating System
                    Windows
                    Interface
                    HS4
                    System Profile
                    Date/time=5/22/2022 4:33:23 PM PDT
                    MONO Version=Mono JIT compiler version 6.12.0.122 (tarball Mon Feb 22 17:40:01 UTC 2021)
                    Just so I'm clear, you're running HS4 on a R-Pi under Linux - right?
                    Best regards,
                    -Mark-

Comment

Hi Mark,

There is not a choice for the X10 plugin in the drop down:

​​

When you refer to the R-Pi, I'm assuming that is the HomeTroller HS4? I have not altered that in any way and am running whatever is standard on it.

Thank you,
                      Jeff​

​​​​​​​​

Comment

Yep, I was referring to your HS4 hub. I only asked because you mentioned Windows then Linux, and I just can't keep track of which HS hub runs which OS anymore. I'm assuming it's Linux based on this:

Best regards,
                        -Mark-
                        Best regards,
                        -Mark-

Comment

Mike,

Ok, thanks. It sounds like you have a lot going on. I was curious about your 3D maps and looked at that. It looks so interesting. Does it take you on travels around the world?

So any ideas why I wouldn't be seeing the drop down in the X0 Plugin?

Thank you,
                          Jeff

Comment

Hi Jeff,

Yes, my business keeps me far busier than I'd like. I used to travel quite a bit but not so much any more - thank goodness!

I just uploaded BETA version 3.0.0.61 that should address this issue. Go to Plugins / Add and search for X10 and the BETA should be there. You should be able to just install it without uninstalling the existing plugin (it should replace v.60). Once running you should be able to access the Config page to set the interface and new ComPort.

Please let me know what happens!
                            Best regards,
                            -Mark-

Comment

Thank you Mark,

Glad you don't need to be out on the road as much. I think the older we get the less we enjoy that. I retired at the end of 2021 and moved from Cleveland to Palm Desert CA. We love it here. there is so many outdoors things to do. Especially hiking in the mountains. It's great!

I installed the Beta version, but still no drop down. After it didn't work, I tried again uninstalling it and reinstalling, but it isn't there. I took a screen shot again for you:

Name:	2022-06-28 14_21_08-Plugin Management.png
Views:	217
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	1554527

Any ideas what might be happening?

Thank you,
                              Jeff

Comment

Working...
                              X