Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New x-10 dimmer not dimming

Hello all,

I use a 'Super Smarthome' micro dimmer (dual load) and I'm trying to absolute dim these dimmers but only 'on' and 'off' are working. I'm using HS3 Pro, the latest X-10 plugin (3.0.0.28) and a CM11 interface. I've tried different settings within the X-10 tab in the device manager (standard, preset and extended). What am I doing wrong.

This type of dimmer used to absolute dim well in HS2.

Mighty Casey has struck out.

I've asked the same question and gotten no responses. If this functionality is in HS3, it is so obscure and buried I was never able to find it. I've been trying to find a work around for 4 months. My guess at this point is we are out of luck.

The closest I got was setting my device to "standard" where every SwitchLinc and LampLinc would go to full brightness then dim down to the desired dim level. I can do that with a $5 X10 lamp module. "Preset" should be the correct setting. It doesn't work. I'm not even going to attempt CAPI.

I don't have the resources to replace my 70+ SwitchLincs and LampLincs that run x10 perfectly in my environment with the newer z-wave technology that doesn't offer as much functionality as my Smarthome devices.

I guess I should have upgraded my working devices instead of spending money on the HS3 upgrade and plug-ins.

Don't get me wrong, I love many of the enhancements that HS3 offers. But after reading the entire help file (which it isn't very), watching all of the HomeSeer Youtube channel HS3 videos, reading all of the HS3 How to's and then after 4 months I still can't get a simple event like, "if it is this time, turn on this light" to run reliably. It is time to throw in the towel and move on.

I wish you luck!

Comment

I would put in a Bugzilla report on this issue.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I was told it doesn't work that way anymore. If you want X10 dimming, you have to use the standard mode, go to full brightness and then dim down to the desired level. Events still don't work for me.

Comment

Working...
        X