CM15 Plugin command logging - Fixed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CM15 Plugin command logging - Fixed!

If anybody else would like to see X10 commands show up properly in the log with the address of the device please sign up to bugzilla #2096.
    http://www.homeseer.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=2096
    This showed fine in HS2 but in HS3 you need to turn on developer mode and then you only get ON and OFF showing in the log without the address. This makes figuring out what is happening on your X10 network almost impossible.
    Does it work with the other X10 plugins, I only have a CM15?
    Steve

This has been resolved in the latest beta 3.0.0.5.
    Thanks.
    Steve

Comment

Has anyone had any success with the seeing x10 commands in the log file?
      I don't seem to be able to see any.

Do you need to re config or re install the devices?
      I did try to create a new device but it would let me chose what type of device.

I was trying to configure a motion sensor and it just defaults to a dimmable device.

Using Version v3.0.0.6

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Mate View Post
        Has anyone had any success with the seeing x10 commands in the log file?
        I don't seem to be able to see any.
        You should find a CM15a.ini file in your /config folder. Set PluginDebug and Override to true and you should get logging.

[settings]
        PluginDebug=True
        Override=True

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Mate View Post
          I did try to create a new device but it would let me chose what type of device.

I was trying to configure a motion sensor and it just defaults to a dimmable device.

Using Version v3.0.0.6
          I have pointed this out to HS in my comments under bug #2031 so hopefully it will be changed.
          http://homeseer.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=2031
          It probably should have been a separate bug but it came up in the discussions.
          You will find in Wade's comments he explains the way the different values and commands work with the CM15 plugin.
          I haven't settled on the best way to set up devices with this plugin yet. I don't have any dimmable devices so the automatically created device is a little over complicated for my needs. The minimum you need are status values for 2 and 3 as these are used to send On and Off commands. However, the status of the device changes between 0 and 100 for On and Off so if you want to see the status reflected in Device Management you need to set up status graphics for 0 and 100. You then have the graphic showing whether the device is On or Off but no text. If you set up status text for 0 and 100 then you get the text status in Device Management, however that text then appears in the drop down lists in Event Actions so if you use On and Off you have to be careful not to pick them in an event rather than the commands On and Off (2 and 3). If you send 0 as an event action in sends an AllUnitsOff command. Simple
          Steve

Comment

Forgot to add that for a motion sensor you only need the status values 0 and 100. You can give these text values of No Motion etc or whatever you prefer. You should be ok to delete all the ones it creates as you don't need to send any commands.
            Steve

Comment

Unfortunately, I have to use numeric values when I pass commands to a plugin from a device.

I'm thinkin' to use negative numbers?
              Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Working...
              X