CM11A vs TI103 and INSTEON support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CM11A vs TI103 and INSTEON support

I am a long-time HS2 user. I am getting ready to upgrade to HS3, but I have an existing (and now-unsupported) PowerLinc USB controller.

I have primarily X10 devices (lamp modules, appliance modules, various switches, A/C outlets, chime modules, etc.) and a few SmartHome LampLinc and SwitchLinc (INSTEON) devices.

First, I want to confirm that my Powerlinc USB controller, is in fact, no longer supported by HS3. And if so, do I have any recourse on supporting my few Linc devices or will I be forced to replace them?

Second, I believe I have a choice between a CM11A or a TI103 controller as a replacement controller. Any recommendations / experience on which one will better serve my X10 environment?

Any input will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Sailor Guy

Originally posted by SailorGuy View Post
    I am a long-time HS2 user. I am getting ready to upgrade to HS3, but I have an existing (and now-unsupported) PowerLinc USB controller.

I have primarily X10 devices (lamp modules, appliance modules, various switches, A/C outlets, chime modules, etc.) and a few SmartHome LampLinc and SwitchLinc (INSTEON) devices.

First, I want to confirm that my Powerlinc USB controller, is in fact, no longer supported by HS3. And if so, do I have any recourse on supporting my few Linc devices or will I be forced to replace them?

Second, I believe I have a choice between a CM11A or a TI103 controller as a replacement controller. Any recommendations / experience on which one will better serve my X10 environment?

Any input will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Sailor Guy
    I'm in the same boat..... Powerlinc USB that is working great in HS2 but no support.

Comment

The TI103 has a much stronger voltage output to the power line, and it is more stable than the CM11. The TI103 seems to be the unit of choice for the HS3 users on this board. I replaced my CM11 with a TI103 about 10 years ago and it works great.

Comment

Originally posted by SailorGuy View Post

Which model number do you have? I would confirm in both the HST Insteon Plugin Forum and Mark Sandler's Insteon Plugin Forum.

If you're only interested in X10, the TI103 is a good choice. If you want to expand into Insteon, you may want to look at a controller that can do both.

Cheers
        Al
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Personally having used X-10 here since 1978 I have settled on Jeff Volp's X-10 stuff today. (1978-2014=36 years)

I have historically used every piece of hardware available to manage my legacy X10.

Note that here have migrated over to UPB for my light switches. I continue to utilize X10 today for a variety of devices.

I have in place today Insteon, Z-Wave and Zigbee devices.

IE: Christmas decorations indoors and outdoors are all controlled by legacy X10.

Today and just related to X10 I am using CM11A's (working great), Jeff Volp's original X-10 amplifier and today Jeff Volp's TW-523 dual phased device. Works perfectly as it is adjacent to my computer racks / UPS stuff and there are no filters in place.

Have a quick read on the website relating to just X-10 stuff. You can only purchase his stuff directly here:

http://jvde.us/
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by prnorton View Post
            The TI103 has a much stronger voltage output to the power line, and it is more stable than the CM11. The TI103 seems to be the unit of choice for the HS3 users on this board. I replaced my CM11 with a TI103 about 10 years ago and it works great.
            I shall simply say, "Ditto".

Comment

Working...
            X