No announcement yet.

Anyone with HS3 Windows and TI103 X-10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Below are several log pages showing the X10 Error message.
    The common factor is an event that runs a script to save device values to a data file. This is a simple script that runs every 6 minutes. It runs 240 times per day, the Error message occurs 1-2 times a day. But, this script is accessing a different computer on my network. I suppose it is possible that occasionally the script somehow interferes with X10?

I wonder if there is something going on with my xAP network? It listens for x10 data. It is running on a different computer!

Steve Q
    Attached Files
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Mark, I turned on X10 Debug (all check boxes). There is a huge amount of activity. Is there anyhing in particular I should look for? I did see this ERROR.

Steve Q
      Attached Files
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
      2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Mark, I have spent some time trying to figure out what is going on with X10. It's a very complicated issue. It appears there are multiple things failing. For sure, there is something causing my COM ports to stop responding. They are all quitting (COM 12 [Midon 1 wire switch], COM 8 [w800-BLRF], COM 10 [x10]) . If I close and restart all my plugins using COM ports, then everything starts working again. These 3 devices are connected to my 7 port USB hub. I suspect the hub stops communicating with the computer. I think the W800 might be the problem because the X10 wireless devices are the first to quit working.

I will remove the w800 from the hub and connect it directly to the computer and see what happens.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
          These 3 devices are connected to my 7 port USB hub. I suspect the hub stops communicating with the computer. I think the W800 might be the problem because the X10 wireless devices are the first to quit working. I will remove the w800 from the hub and connect it directly to the computer and see what happens.
          Have you checked to be sure the USB port connected to the hub is not going into power saving mode?
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thanks for responding. Power saving is not kicking in. My other USB devices are still working. The z-wave USB stick still works fine. When I restart HS3 everything starts working again. I'm baffled at this point. This seems to have started after I upgraded to HS3 ver 280.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot COM port issues on Windows 10. Are there system settings for individual COM ports.

Comment

Mark, I have spent some time trying to figure out what is going on with X10. It's a very complicated issue. It appears there are multiple things failing. For sure, there is something causing my COM ports to stop responding. They are all quitting (COM 12 [Midon 1 wire switch], COM 8 [w800-BLRF], COM 10 [x10]) . If I close and restart all my plugins using COM ports, then everything starts working again. These 3 devices are connected to my 7 port USB hub. I suspect the hub stops communicating with the computer. I think the W800 might be the problem because the X10 wireless devices are the first to quit working.

I will remove the w800 from the hub and connect it directly to the computer and see what happens.
              Steve,

As a test, it might be worth moving your USB->RS232 interface for the Ti103 off of the USB hub and plugging it directly into the PC. The fact that multiple USB->RS232 devices plugged into the hub are failing leads me to suspect that there is an issue related to the USB hub rather than a specific device (Ti, W800, etc.)
              Best regards,
              -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
              Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Originally posted by mfisher View Post
                Steve,

As a test, it might be worth moving your USB->RS232 interface for the Ti103 off of the USB hub and plugging it directly into the PC. The fact that multiple USB->RS232 devices plugged into the hub are failing leads me to suspect that there is an issue related to the USB hub rather than a specific device (Ti, W800, etc.)

Mark, thanks for the suggestion. In fact, I also thought of that. But when I looked at my setup, I found that the TI103 was already plugged directly into the PC.

However, upon further investigation, I found that my W800 was on the hub and it was the w800 that was causing my x10 problems with my wireless devices. So yesterday I moved the W800 to a USB port directly on the PC (USB 3 port). Since doing this, I have not had any X10 problems (but has only been a little more than 24 hours).

This is only speculation but I believe the 7 port USB hub is the source of the problem. Something causes it to stop communicating. I will continue to closely monitor it. The hub is supposed to be a high quality industrial hub. It was highly recommended. I have several cheap hubs. I think I will try my 4 port Belkin hub, it has been very reliable over the years.

I'll keep you posted.

Steve Q

Comment

My problem is definitely related to the USB hub. When I restart the computer/HS3 every starts working again. Seems to be COM12 is the first port on the hub to fail, then all the other devices on the hub stop responding. X10 and w800 are not on the hub and they continue to work.

Comment

Excellent, so glad you got it sorted out!
                    Best regards,
                    -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
                    Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Not yet fully sorted out, but I'm getting close.

Comment

Not yet fully sorted out, but I'm getting close.

I also been having issues, so I am making the jump and going to Z-Wave. Just replacing a few at a time. I am trying to find them on Ebay. I will need about 20 of them to change what I have now.
                        danielbo

Comment

Originally posted by danielbo View Post
                          I also been having issues, so I am making the jump and going to Z-Wave. Just replacing a few at a time. I am trying to find them on Ebay. I will need about 20 of them to change what I have now.
                          Late jumping in here, but I had used a couple of Edgeport devices for years, but they didn't work correctly with HS3 and Windows 8. Once I switched USB adapters the TI103 and X10 have been rock solid. I've run Z-wave along with X10 for several years. Just changing out switches a few at a time.

Barry

Comment

Originally posted by lhfarm View Post
                            Late jumping in here, but I had used a couple of Edgeport devices for years, but they didn't work correctly with HS3 and Windows 8. Once I switched USB adapters the TI103 and X10 have been rock solid. I've run Z-wave along with X10 for several years. Just changing out switches a few at a time.

Barry

What do you mean by "adapters"? I am using USB to serial RS232 cables. They are "prolific compatible". I am using the drivers supplied with the cables. These cables are prone to failure; I have replaced many of them. However, when they fail, they stop working entirely. I have never seen any kind of intermittent behavior.

My USB hub is somehow involved. I moved my TI103 and W800 to native USB ports on the computer. Since doing that, I have not had any problems with X10 or RF devices.

However, I am still having COM port issues on my TEMP08 and 1wireSwitch devices; Com7 and Com12 respectively. They are connected to the hub. HS3 is now reporting "com port timeout" warnings. I have never seen these warnings before now. I have done some testing, and have found that HS3 cannot send to Com12; HS.sendtocomport 12,"off" will generate the timeout warning. A Restart of HS3 solves this problem, therefore it is not a hardware or computer issue. It is an HS3 issue.

Steve Q

Comment

What do you mean by "adapters"? I am using USB to serial RS232 cables. They are "prolific compatible". I am using the drivers supplied with the cables. These cables are prone to failure; I have replaced many of them. However, when they fail, they stop working entirely. I have never seen any kind of intermittent behavior.

My USB hub is somehow involved. I moved my TI103 and W800 to native USB ports on the computer. Since doing that, I have not had any problems with X10 or RF devices.

However, I am still having COM port issues on my TEMP08 and 1wireSwitch devices; Com7 and Com12 respectively. They are connected to the hub. HS3 is now reporting "com port timeout" warnings. I have never seen these warnings before now. I have done some testing, and have found that HS3 cannot send to Com12; HS.sendtocomport 12,"off" will generate the timeout warning. A Restart of HS3 solves this problem, therefore it is not a hardware or computer issue. It is an HS3 issue.

Steve Q

I never used a USB hub. I am talking about RS232 to USB cables. I'm now running a 4 port device (GearMo 36inch Quad Port FTDI USB to Serial Cable for MA PC Linux with Windows 10 Certified Drivers) with a Z-Troller, TI103, Temp08 and a Davis data logger in to a single USB port on my HS3 box.

Barry

Comment

Originally posted by lhfarm View Post
                                I never used a USB hub. I am talking about RS232 to USB cables. I'm now running a 4 port device (GearMo 36inch Quad Port FTDI USB to Serial Cable for MA PC Linux with Windows 10 Certified Drivers) with a Z-Troller, TI103, Temp08 and a Davis data logger in to a single USB port on my HS3 box.

Barry

Barry, thank you for providing this info. I have done lots of searches on Amazon in the past, this device never came up. It looks very good. Good reviews. Reasonable price. I could eliminate the USB hub and 4 USB to serial cables. It should be more reliable. I think I will try it. Thanks again for posting this.

Steve Q

Comment

Working...
                                X