Anyone with HS3 Windows and TI103 X-10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Helpdesk ticket here http://helpdesk.homeseer.com/index.p...cket&id=9097F6
    related to inbound X10 signal delays coming through TI103 into a Hometroller Zee.

I am being asked by the Helpdesk.....
    "Can you install HS3 on a windows computer and have the same set up and see if the delay is there? We are trying to see if it is in the linux plug-in or if it is in HS3."

But I don't have available hardware and I don't have HS3 (only HS2 where it works fine).

Does anyone have a TI103 or later version on HS3 Windows who can confirm that they receive inbound signals without a delay? (on HS2 mine is virtually instantaneous). It would help HS with the diagnosis of the issue I am experiencing.

Many thanks

Originally posted by JWD View Post
    I have a Helpdesk ticket here http://helpdesk.homeseer.com/index.p...cket&id=9097F6
    related to inbound X10 signal delays coming through TI103 into a Hometroller Zee.

"Can you install HS3 on a windows computer and have the same set up and see if the delay is there? We are trying to see if it is in the linux plug-in or if it is in HS3."

But I don't have available hardware and I don't have HS3 (only HS2 where it works fine).

Does anyone have a TI103 or later version on HS3 Windows who can confirm that they receive inbound signals without a delay? (on HS2 mine is virtually instantaneous). It would help HS with the diagnosis of the issue I am experiencing.

Many thanks
    Yes, I'm running HS3Pro on a Win7 box and the TI103 works perfectly, without any delay. I have also seen the delay with a TI103 on my Zee.

Barry

Comment

Thanks Barry, I have passed that onto the Helpdesk - so the issue seems to be clearly in the Linux / Pi area.

Comment

What did you find out-I will listen to any help

I too have a TI103-RS232 which worked good with my z troller, but I believe the Ztroller has bit the dust. I have not liked it from day one. I have had homeseer for about 15 years give or take. I have a ton of X10 stuff to just up and dump it for zwave, cant happen. I have ordered my first two z modules and we will see how great they are. But currently I have all kinds of interface, just having all kinds of issues with HS3 pro to find a X10 interface to work. Any suggestion of what I should use for a interface? If some knows of one that works great and I do not have it, I will get it.
        I have a Smarthome power linc model 1132CU that has been a great interface with HS2, but I can not find a plug in for it.
        I am open for any suggestions, please.
        danielbo

Comment

One thing to be aware of is that the polling interval, which is unique to the TI-103, is set to an incorrect value by default in the HS3 plug-in. Resetting that to a shorter period, like 300 msec, seems to have been the key to getting the TI-103 performance back to normal for many.

See this thread, as an example:
          http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=177725
          Also this post:
          http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...9&postcount=23
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I have The TI-103 running on a Windows 10 - dedicated HS3 computer. When it works, it performs just like it did on my HS2 setup. However, I have random times when X10 just stops working. Restarting the plugin does not fix the problem, but restarting HS3 does fix it. I am watching this closely but I have not yet found anything suspicious. I'm getting tired of restarting HS3 every day or two! Any ideas?

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
            2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Is it on a new PC? Are you using virtual comm ports? Mine (so far) has worked without a hitch... I have mine plugged into a 2-port digi.

Robert
              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I use my TI-103 with a Silex SX-500 server over wifi and has worked fine for years.

Comment

Originally posted by JWD View Post

Can you please post the details of your issue here since I cannot see your helpdesk ticket?

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                  One thing to be aware of is that the polling interval, which is unique to the TI-103, is set to an incorrect value by default in the HS3 plug-in. Resetting that to a shorter period, like 300 msec, seems to have been the key to getting the TI-103 performance back to normal for many.
                  As Michael pointed out, the default polling interval in the HS3 X10 plugin for the Ti103 is incorrectly set to 4000 milliseconds (4 seconds.) This means that the HS3 X10 plugin asks the Ti103 if any new X10 traffic has been received once every 4 seconds! Note that the Ti103 does not notify HS that when it receives data, rather the HS X10 plugin has to poll the Ti and ask if it has received any data, hence the polling interval. Please try setting the polling interval to 300 (this is the optimal setting) and let us know what happens.

28May2016 update:
                  Note that 300mS has been the default since the first HS Ti-103 plugin years and years ago. After reviewing the code and and doing some quick testing, it looks like using a setting less than 300 mS may actually degrade performance, depending on what hardware platform you're running the plugin on.
                  Last edited by mfisher; May 28, 2016, 12:24 PM.
                  Best regards,
                  -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
                  Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Originally posted by danielbo View Post
                    I too have a TI103-RS232 which worked good with my z troller, but I believe the Ztroller has bit the dust. I have not liked it from day one. I have had homeseer for about 15 years give or take. I have a ton of X10 stuff to just up and dump it for zwave, cant happen. I have ordered my first two z modules and we will see how great they are. But currently I have all kinds of interface, just having all kinds of issues with HS3 pro to find a X10 interface to work. Any suggestion of what I should use for a interface? If some knows of one that works great and I do not have it, I will get it.
                    I have a Smarthome power linc model 1132CU that has been a great interface with HS2, but I can not find a plug in for it.
                    I am open for any suggestions, please.
                    Your choices for X10 are the Ti103 or CM11a (and variants of this device). While there is a HS3 plugin for the CM15a I would not recommend using it as the plugin has many issues.

Please post an outline of your HS3 X10 issues and we'll try to help.
                    Best regards,
                    -Mark-

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                      Is it on a new PC? Are you using virtual comm ports? Mine (so far) has worked without a hitch... I have mine plugged into a 2-port digi.

Robert

I have a 7 port powered, USB hub connected to the computer. I am using 4 of the ports. The TI-103 is connected via a USB to serial cable (COM 10). All of the other devices work properly. I'm pretty sure the COM ports are working OK. HS3 log indicates that commands are being sent to CAPI. Perhaps the serial to USB cable is a problem, but I doubt it would be intermittent? I think it is a plugin problem.

Steve Q

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                      2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
                        I have The TI-103 running on a Windows 10 - dedicated HS3 computer. When it works, it performs just like it did on my HS2 setup. However, I have random times when X10 just stops working. Restarting the plugin does not fix the problem, but restarting HS3 does fix it. I am watching this closely but I have not yet found anything suspicious. I'm getting tired of restarting HS3 every day or two! Any ideas?
                        Steve, are you finding any error messages in the log when this happens? Please try enabling Developer Mode (on the Manage Plugins Page, to the right of "Installed Plugins") and this will enable Ti103 detailed logging. This will flood your log with lots of data but it may help discover whether this is an issue with the plugin, HS3 or Win10.
                        Best regards,
                        -Mark-

Comment

I see this in my log, but the plugin still works It does not seem to be related to any failure.

May-13 8:48:20 PM X10 ERROR error in MSComm1_OnComm :Argument 'Start' must be greater than zero.
                          May-13 5:37:03 PM X10 ERROR error in MSComm1_OnComm :Argument 'Start' must be greater than zero.
                          May-13 5:35:28 PM X10 ERROR error in MSComm1_OnComm :Argument 'Start' must be greater than zero.
                          May-12 10:12:21 PM X10 ERROR error in MSComm1_OnComm :Argument 'Start' must be greater than zero.
                          May-12 8:26:08 PM X10 ERROR error in MSComm1_OnComm :Argument 'Start' must be greater than zero.
                          May-12 6:58:40 PM X10 ERROR error in MSComm1_OnComm :Argument 'Start' must be greater than zero.
                          May-12 6:46:23 PM X10 ERROR error in MSComm1_OnComm :Argument 'Start' must be greater than zero.

I will enable developer mode, but my log is already huge, Since I can't tell when X10 quits working, it will be difficult to find any appropriate messages. But I'll try.

Steve Q

Comment

A few questions:
                            1) Is this a fresh install of HS3 on Win10 or was this a migration from another OS?
                            2) Has the issue existed since you installed HS3 on this machine or did it start some time later?
                            3) What happens just prior to the MSCom1 error? Is it always the same thing?
                            Best regards,
                            -Mark-

Comment

Mark, not sure I know what you mean by fresh install. It's a new computer (March 2016- Dell Micro 3050). I copied HS3 from my Dell Laptop. I had some issues and I worked with Rich Helmke at HomeSeer and we finally got everything working after 4-5 HS3 upgrades and rebuilds. I am running ver 280 now. The last few weeks of April, HS3 was very stable. I believe the X10 problem has shown up in the past few weeks, however, I have been heavily involved with testing the Amazon echo an I was restarting HS3 almost every day to keep up with the changing API for the Echo.

Steve Q

Comment

Working...
                              X