Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steve,

Thanks for the answers.

It seems to me that if your W800 & xAP interfaces worked perfectly after moving them to the Edgeport (on another machine), and your Temp01 and Midon interface are working properly on different interfaces then the USB->RS232 adapter (or its driver) for the Ti103 is your likely culprit. I cannot tell you how many times these adapters have caused me grief and why I highly recommend moving all things serial to an Edgeport.

I'm looking forward to reviewing your log file.
    Best regards,
    -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
    Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Mark, yesterday I spent a lot of time looking at all of my x10 devices. I turned on all possible logging. I found several issues:

1.) signals from 2 of my 12 x10 motion sensors (ms18a) are being received by the W800 but are not seen by HS3. These had been working in the past but stopped sometime in the Spring. (Last change date was 4/25/2016).
      2.) restarting the x10 plugin did not reestablish communication with the 2 motion sensors. I was able to get them working again by changing the batteries and resetting the x10 house and unit code. I also messed with the device configuration and eliminated the "dim" settings. I have no idea how they got changed. Then, by restarting the x10 plugin, communication was reestablished.
      3.) the debug logging is helpful but it is difficult to know when something is missing.
      4.) my setup is very large and complex and I have tried to create subsystems to make things more manageable, but this has not been easy.

I will be watching my x10 stuff more closely over the next few weeks. I'll send you a debug log when I capture a period when the plugin stops.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
      2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
        Mark, yesterday I spent a lot of time looking at all of my x10 devices. I turned on all possible logging. I found several issues:

1.) signals from 2 of my 12 x10 motion sensors (ms18a) are being received by the W800 but are not seen by HS3. These had been working in the past but stopped sometime in the Spring. (Last change date was 4/25/2016).
        2.) restarting the x10 plugin did not reestablish communication with the 2 motion sensors. I was able to get them working again by changing the batteries and resetting the x10 house and unit code. I also messed with the device configuration and eliminated the "dim" settings. I have no idea how they got changed. Then, by restarting the x10 plugin, communication was reestablished.
        Please remember that the X10 plugin only handles a Ti103 or CM11a for powerline communication. The plugin does not know about or how to handle X10 motion sensors (RF devices), and these are handled by your W800 and an RF plugin.

Also, (very important) be sure that you do not create RF motion sensor devices as X10 plugin devices (by using the X10 tab when creating a new device) - doing so will certainly cause problems! Just create them as a regular HS device if your RF plugin is not already doing that. BTW, what RF plugin are you using?

3.) the debug logging is helpful but it is difficult to know when something is missing.
        4.) my setup is very large and complex and I have tried to create subsystems to make things more manageable, but this has not been easy.
        I understand that a large and complex setup can be difficult to debug and why I offered to help sort through the debug info in the log. We should be able to find when communication with the Ti103 is lost based on the low level log entries.

I will be watching my x10 stuff more closely over the next few weeks. I'll send you a debug log when I capture a period when the plugin stops.
        Just be sure to send me the entire log file rather than a screen shot
        Best regards,
        -Mark-

Comment

Mark, I am using the BLRF plugin for my x10 wireless devices in HS3. I am not aware of any other plugin for the W800. What are you using? I set them up a long time ago (more than a year). At that time I was using an early version of HS3. If I remember correctly, I had to use the x10 tab to get the x10 motion sensors to be recognized as x10 devices. I'm out of town right now, and I will review this when I get back to my HS3 system.

The HS3 log is a database. I have not worked with .hsd files? Is this the file I should send you?

Steve Q

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
          2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

As well to confirm in an attempt to help Steve out, I added my Haweye II Motion Detector as an X-10 device. Works flawlessly with my TI103.

Robert

EDIT: I guess I created the device as above, then allowed the RFXCOM to received it which controls the device - So it's probably a virtual device after all.
            Last edited by langenet; August 20, 2016, 09:47 AM.
            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

All my PIRs are created as virtual devices - not X10 - but with the HC/UC corresponding to the X10 address of the physical PIR. This works reliably with the RFXCOM plug-in.
              Attached Files
              Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
              HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

While it is easy for us to lump X10 motion sensors and security devices into the "X10 devices" family, please remember that these devices utilize a completely different transmission medium and protocol than the traditional X10 powerline devices, and require completely different hardware to interface with HomeSeer.

The X10 plugin provides a bridge between the powerline hardware (Ti103/CM11a) and HomeSeer devices and events, and it has absolutely no idea how to deal with RF devices! Understanding that you are creating X10 motion sensor devices using the X10 plugin leads me to suspect that this is the root of your issues!

I will check with Blade on his preferred method of creating motion sensor devices, but I believe this is how you are supposed to add X10 motion sensors to HS3 when using the BLRF plugin:

Required plugins (using BLRF): BLRF & BLRadar

1) Create a virtual device in HS3 - DO NOT use the X10 tab whatsoever to create this device! Just give it a name, location and HC/DC on the 'Configuration' tab and save it from there.
                2) Open BLRadar and add the virtual device you just created in step 1.

I have not looked into how to handle this with the RFX plugin, so perhaps someone with that setup can chime in.

**EDIT** Thank you Michael for letting us know how to handle this when using the RFX plugin!
                Best regards,
                -Mark-

Comment

Mark, attached is my HS3 log from today.

The log should start at 10:44AM 8/22/2016.

I started it shortly after my x10 devices stopped responding to HS3 commands.

At 11:36AM I shut down the HS3 x10 plugin and restarted it at 11:38. All devices started working again.

Thank you for volunteering to look at this.

Steve Q

Sorry, I could not attach the file (zip format). The board upload failed. I tried multiple times.

How can I send this? I could post it on drop box and send a link to your email address?

***EDIT***
                  Here is a link to the .hsd file : https://www.dropbox.com/s/wl83v3qq2j...erLog.hsd?dl=0
                  Last edited by Steve Q; August 22, 2016, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Anyone with HS3 Windows and TI103 X-10?

Mark, I know you are busy. So please don't spend much time ( or any time) looking at my log file. It is a massive file and I don't think it is a worthwhile venture.

I'm convinced the problem is related to the USB/serial connection between the computer and the TI103. I think Windows 10 is also involved. Over the years since I started with HS, I have used many many USB/serial connection devices. Many have failed and I have replaced them. Unfortunately, I have replaced them with cheap cables. Some came with drivers some did not. Some are the same brand others are not. When I upgraded to Windows 10, I had a lot of problems with COM port assignments. Whenever I restarted the computer, the COM ports would change. In retrospect, I think this is all the same issue, namely, Windows 10 is more particular about the hardware and drivers used for a USB to serial connection. In my case it is very possible that I have the wrong hardware/driver combination.

So, I have now eliminated all but one of my USB/serial cables. I am using the Digi Edgeport 8 for my serial devices. (TI103, TEMP08, and Midon 1wire Switch). So far (3 days) everything is working properly.

I will post again after 10-15 days of up time.

Steve Q

Comment

Steve, thanks for the log file. I'm on travel and will have a look at it after I return, if moving the Ti103 to your Edgeport did not help.
                      Best regards,
                      -Mark-

Comment

After 2 weeks with the Digi Edgeport connected to the Ti103, I have had no issues with x10 or the x10 plugin. I have eliminated all USB to serial cables. I am also not using any USB hubs. I believe these devices were the cause of my problems.

Steve Q

Comment

That is great news. It is frustrating the way seemingly innocuous links can be so disruptive. Glad you got it sorted out.
                          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                            That is great news. It is frustrating the way seemingly innocuous links can be so disruptive. Glad you got it sorted out.

Thanks Michael, I've been fighting this issue for 18 months. Countless restarts and reconfigurations. Now I can spend some time making HS3 do something new!

Steve Q

Comment

Steve, is all your X10 stuff still working properly after moving your Ti103 to the Edgeport?
                              Best regards,
                              -Mark-

Comment

Originally posted by mfisher View Post
                                Steve, is all your X10 stuff still working properly after moving your Ti103 to the Edgeport?

Yes, everything is working! Thanks Mark.

Comment

Working...
                                X