X10 Tab in Device with CM11 on Zee .181

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X10 Tab in Device with CM11 on Zee .181

I am experimenting with the Zee updated to the latest 3.0.0.181 with the 3.0.0.36 X10 Plugin. I am testing with a CM11.
    When I define a new device I get no X10 tab to complete.
    If I change the X10 plugin config to say there is an imaginary TI103 present and define a new device I get the X10 tab appearing. When I then change the plugin back to reflect real CM11 I can control the X10 device defined whilst the "TI103" was present.
    I can cope with it but it is a bit of a nuisance and I assume a bug unless someone can correct me?
    I tried to create another X10 interface instance thinking I could just say that was a TI103 but it appears that all X10 interfaces on differet instances need to be the same so that doesn't help. In the process I also had the X10 config page come back with "Need to override this function to generate a page!" which looks like a developer forgot to do something?
    Hopefully this will avoid someone else puzzling over why no X10 tab.
    Last edited by JWD; June 7, 2015, 10:49 AM. Reason: Issue resolved

So are you saying if you enable the X10 plugin and set it up to use a CM11A in the options the X10 tab never shows when defining a new device?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Don't you just hate it when this happens - I went back to try again and lo and behold what I said before is now untrue... With CM11 as the interface the X10 tab is appearing. The other thing that was different before was that when CM11 was configured, the create new device didn't prompt with the sub-panel for a device name - it just slapped a new entry in the list with New Device as the name. I'm sure I didn't imagine this but something has addressed the issue now.

Comment

I believe a restart after enabling the X10 plugin sorts this out. Could it have been a restart?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Looks likely you are right....
          1. Add device gives X10 tab and normal dialogue with CM11A configured
          2. Mess around withX10 plugin interface settings, disable/enable etc
          3. Add device gives no X10 tab with CM11A configured
          4. Restart complete system and we're back to 1.

NB after step 2 everything looks normal and interface says "OK"

Comment

Working...
          X