cm11a issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cm11a issues.

I upgraded from a very solid HS2 installation, same PC but totally updated with new motherboard, memory etc.

in HS2 using x10 was a beeze, in HS3 I must say this is not so straight forward as it seems X10 is not ma well supported protocol.

I currently have the X10 interface by homeseer with a CM11a interface, I have two and have tested both. I get the occational message in the log:
    CM11A Possible no response to send data, still waiting
    this happens at ramdom, the more commands are sent the more this seems to happen.

then it gets worse, I have multiple x10 motion sensors in my home, I use the BLRF plugin to get their signals, this seems to work fine. I recently tried using a plug in controller to do some stuff and I had an extra x10 receiver in my garage where RF signal does not reach the main receiver.

anyway, I noticed when a few commands are received via powerline the plugin seems to freak out and set every device on the house code to the same setting, ie, if I get a few on commands in a row, all of the sudden every item on that house code goes to ON in homeseer, the weird thing is that this is not noted in the log but events I have set to these devices do trigger, driving me nuts.

I tried disabling the BLRF plugin, no difference, I then figured I would try a CM15a but that uses a whole different setup and its not compatible with BLRF anyway.

so does anyone have suggestions, I tend to think the issue is the cm11a plugin and in more detail I fear there is some issue getting serial data properly hence the first error and then the new one. any suggestions would be appreciated.

I found that my CM11 was very picky about the USB/Serial converter I used. Although I didn't see the problems you are reporting, I think I tried three different models before I found one that seemed to allow the PIM to work reliably with my HS3 plug-in. If you haven't done so already, it might be worth trying a different USB converter.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

actually I am using a hardware serial card, event tried a different port. no improvement. I did notice a few times that I had to disable the x10 plugin and restart it, this is one of the resons I suspect the plugin.

Comment

Working...
      X