Fatal error after install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fatal error after install

Just installed the X10 plugin, installed without errors. I selected my com port (The one RFXcom uses), activated the plugin and in plugin status I get a red **FATAL**

I know you said you are using the COM port RFXCOM uses but it should be different - do you have a CM12/TI103 type interface for X10 (that is what the X10 plugin is for) or are you trying to use X10 RF devices like motion sensors through RFXCOM?
    My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
    Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

Comment

I have the CM11A on ttyUSB1 and the Insteon PLM on ttyUSB0. I occasionally get the ***FATAL*** on the CM11A after a reboot of the system. It's not that fatal. If I restart the plugin it runs fine after that.

Comment

Originally posted by mikaluch View Post
        I have the CM11A on ttyUSB1 and the Insteon PLM on ttyUSB0. I occasionally get the ***FATAL*** on the CM11A after a reboot of the system. It's not that fatal. If I restart the plugin it runs fine after that.
        I have found that if the CM11 does not reply with it's startup data or there is a slight issue with comms then it will give you that error, if it works second time around always then perhaps it is a communication issue that you are having and the PLM could be waiting a bit longer before deciding whether or not there is a comms issue. Difficult to really sort out, could try swapping them see if it is a port issue or trying a different adaptor, waiting a bit longer to start HS or something.
        My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
        Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

Comment

I'm pretty sure there is a race condition that the PLM usually wins. I haven't done anything to control which physical port is ttyUSB1/0.

I'm not sure how well the CM11A is working. It is ollld. I'm not sure what I should be seeing though. Devices are controllable but just goofing around with a PalmPad and RR501 I had nothing shows up in the logs.

Comment

I actualy do not have a CM11. I want to use the RFXcom just to receive X10 comms from a wireless doorbell. I thought for that I needed to install the X10 plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
              I actualy do not have a CM11. I want to use the RFXcom just to receive X10 comms from a wireless doorbell. I thought for that I needed to install the X10 plugin.
              You just need the RFXCom plugin for that. Which receiver do you have?

Cheers
              Al
              HS 3.0.0.548: 1976 Devices 1156 Events
              Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I want to use the RFXcom just to receive X10 comms from a wireless doorbell.
                See this post: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=180331
                Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Comment

I've got the RFX 433E

Comment

I've got the RFX 433E
                    You just need to configure the RFXCom plugin for X10. The manual for the plugin has all the info on how to do that. You need to manually create devices and set the corresponding device and house code on the configuration tab of the device to match the device and house code for each device.

Cheers
                    Al
                    HS 3.0.0.548: 1976 Devices 1156 Events
                    Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I have already activated X10 in RFXcom, but somehow had a brain failure and thought somehow I needed the X10 plugin as well to create a device. I know how to create X10 devices, but I wanted RFXcom to listen and automatically create a X10 device once it receives a code. I don't think that works with X10.
                      I have deleted the plugin now.

Comment

Working...
                      X