Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CM-11a Not seeing All-ON and All-OFF commands [resolved in v3.0.0.37]

CM11a HS3 Pro .208 W10H

I have been searching for any settings to enable detailed logging but have not found anything. The X-10 logging is sparse.

I want to use X-10 keypads to control Z-wave switches. The individual on-off buttons work as expected and control my Z devices but the All-Lights-ON or All-Devices-OFF events never get executed.

Is this a limitation of the CM11a ?

I have a few simple events:

If X-10 Command L1-ON is received
    do something - Works 100% as expected

If X-10 command L ALL-UNITS-OFF is received
    do something - Is ignored - the event is enabled, but the editor shows it never ran.

Anyone know if this CM11a will do what I want?
    Last edited by mfisher; December 10, 2016, 05:45 PM.

I do not think the Received X10 event trigger works. (Plug-in problem.)
    The way I do this is with a virtual X10 device that responds to On or Off and then triggers an event that turns all lights on or off.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Kitar View Post
      I have been searching for any settings to enable detailed logging but have not found anything. The X-10 logging is sparse.
      You can try checking the Developer Mode box on the Manage Plug-ins page to see if that gives you more log entries. I think it does for the TI 103 PIM, but I don't know how the CM11 responds. It definitely makes HS behave differently, particularly plug-in windows appearing on your HS3 computer.
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thanks for the response.
        Turns out the developer mode does not do much for the X-10 logging on the CM11a however I did find a work around.

In the X10.ini, changing the settings of PluginDebug and Override worked to give me debug information.

So the resulting log shows that the ALL-ON and ALL-OFF key presses are indeed trapped but not acted upon. It would appear the plugin is indeed broken there. I can act on buttons 1-16 but can't act on the ALL buttons. I have yet to try the DIM/BRI within an event.

Doesn't really make sense not having the debug option exposed to us. Can anyone decipher the numeric sequences shown in the screenshot into the X-10 commands?
        Attached Files

Comment

In the X10.ini, changing the settings of PluginDebug and Override worked to give me debug information...

Doesn't really make sense not having the debug option exposed to us.
          Setting the Developer Mode at the top of the Manage Plugins page is what enables debug mode in the plugin. Changing the Override setting in X10.ini to TRUE will simply force the plugin to ignore the Developer Mode setting in HS and use the PluginDebug setting in X10.ini instead.

Regarding the triggering events based on X10 All Lights ON, All Units OFF or Status Request, although these triggers are listed in the dropdown when editing an X10 event, they are not currently supported in the current plugin. I have not tested triggers based on received DIM/BRT but I suspect these do not work either. This is one of many on the very long list of issues I am working for this plugin.

Can anyone decipher the numeric sequences shown in the screenshot into the X-10 commands?
          The X10 plugin does not currently provide detailed logging for X10 traffic when using the CM11A (it does for the Ti103). Unfortunately, the debug log info you are seeing is all that is available and sent or received protocol details are not shown. The numeric sequences you are seeing are internal system times (ticks) that are logged for a developer to use when debugging and these are really not useful to you beyond letting you know that an X10 event occurred.
          Best regards,
          -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
          Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Originally posted by mfisher View Post
            Setting the Developer Mode at the top of the Manage Plugins page is what enables debug mode in the plugin. Changing the Override setting in X10.ini to TRUE will simply force the plugin to ignore the Developer Mode setting in HS and use the PluginDebug setting in X10.ini instead.

Regarding the triggering events based on X10 All Lights ON, All Units OFF or Status Request, although these triggers are listed in the dropdown when editing an X10 event, they are not currently supported in the current plugin. I have not tested triggers based on received DIM/BRT but I suspect these do not work either. This is one of many on the very long list of issues I am working for this plugin.

The X10 plugin does not currently provide detailed logging for X10 traffic when using the CM11A (it does for the Ti103). Unfortunately, the debug log info you are seeing is all that is available and sent or received protocol details are not shown. The numeric sequences you are seeing are internal system times (ticks) that are logged for a developer to use when debugging and these are really not useful to you beyond letting you know that an X10 event occurred.
            Thanks for the response.
            I know X-10 is not really worth investing in these days but I still have a large bin of decent switches including a few Smarthome Toggleincs which I adore. Would the Ti103 be an upgrade and would it be able to use the ALL commands as triggers?

Comment

The Ti103 would be a huge upgrade from a signal level perspective, however the Ti103 & CM11A both use the same X10 plugin to interface with HomeSeer so switching to the Ti103 would not provide any different functionality at this point.

FYI, I volunteered to work on the plugin but my business has been all-consuming and leaves me very little time to devote to this effort. I believe I'm going to get a glimpse of time very soon and will see what can be done for this issue as well as several other big issues.
              Best regards,
              -Mark-

Comment

The Ti103 would be a huge upgrade from a signal level perspective, however the Ti103 & CM11A both use the same X10 plugin to interface with HomeSeer so switching to the Ti103 would not provide any different functionality at this point.

FYI, I volunteered to work on the plugin but my business has been all-consuming and leaves me very little time to devote to this effort. I believe I'm going to get a glimpse of time very soon and will see what can be done for this issue as well as several other big issues.
                I understand business trumps all and that you volunteer your skills, but as an owner of HS3 software it is quite frustrating not to have this basic plugin working.

HS has to bear some responsibility for this as X-10 is supposed to be included with the PRO package that I purchased. They should step up and take over the plugin or change their advertising.

Nuf said. Is there any hope for better X-10 support any time soon?

Comment

. . . as an owner of HS3 software it is quite frustrating not to have this basic plugin working.

HS has to bear some responsibility for this as X-10 is supposed to be included with the PRO package that I purchased. They should step up and take over the plugin or change their advertising.
                  Actually, HST abandoned the plug-in. Mark has stepped into the breach and graciously agreed to support it in his spare time.
                  Is there any hope for better X-10 support any time soon?
                  Probably not. X10 is working very well for me, though. What is the nature of the support you are seeking? Are you experiencing specific problems, or are you just hoping for unsupported features to be implemented?

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                    Probably not. X10 is working very well for me, though. What is the nature of the support you are seeking? Are you experiencing specific problems, or are you just hoping for unsupported features to be implemented?
                    The plugin works well, but it's not fully implemented. I have been hoping since I started this thread in July that this would get finished.

Comment

Who knows, sometimes miracles happen.

But I'd treat it like playing the lottery. Great if you win, but don't get your hopes up.

Comment

I do understand your frustration and apologize for the delay. I had scheduled time to focus on the plugin, however that priority was altered by a death in our family.

I have managed to look into the AllLightsOn / AllUnitsOff issue and may have a fix, but it will need to be tested. Please PM me with your email address and I will get a test build to you soon.
                        Best regards,
                        -Mark-

Comment

I do understand your frustration and apologize for the delay. I had scheduled time to focus on the plugin, however that priority was altered by a death in our family.

I have managed to look into the AllLightsOn / AllUnitsOff issue and may have a fix, but it will need to be tested. Please PM me with your email address and I will get a test build to you soon.
                          Thank you for your response. I am sorry to hear of your loss. Please take whatever time you need to heal, there is no need to rush.

When you are ready I would be happy to test the plugin.

Comment

Attached below is a zip file containing a new .exe for the X10 plugin. This version should now properly trigger when an AllLightsON, AllUnitsOFF or AllLightsOFF command is received from either a CM11A or Ti-103 interface.

To install this version:
                            1) Shut down HS
                            2) Rename HSPI_X10.exe to HSPI_X10.exe.bak (so you have a backup of your current version)
                            3) Copy this version into your HS3 directory
                            4) Restart HS

I have tested using both the CM11A and Ti103 interfaces and the plugin appears to work correctly. This version also resolves an issue with properly setting the X10 device states in HS when any of these commands are received via the Ti103 interface.

Please let me know how it works and if you find any issues!

Once it has been tested in the field and I receive positive feedback from other users I will submit it to the updater.
                            Attached Files
                            Best regards,
                            -Mark-

Comment

Initial tests of All Light ON - All Units OFF - 100%

Nice work. In all the quick test I did today of the All Units Off and All Lights On commands seems fairly responsive. I have one event that seems to have some X-10 related lag in it but I will get to that tomorrow. It does not use either of the ALL-device commands.

One question I do have is why there is no basic logging of send and receive commands for X-10. I don't mean debug, but basic ON, OFF, set to, type stuff like what we see with Z-Wave?

This improvement makes the X-10 keypads quite a bit more usable. Thank you for that.

Comment

Working...
                              X