Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jryan15
    replied
    Thanks again for the extra help Jim. It was a pleasure talking to you. BTW I picked up a Chromecast audio last night and hooked it up. It is EXACTLY what I've been looking for for my whole home audio system for a long time. Much better than the bluetooth adapter that I had been using.

Leave a comment:

• GaryDN
    replied
    jimbell I am interested in your mod

Leave a comment:

• jimbell
    replied
    Originally posted by jryan15 View Post
    Good work on the modifications. I am interested in a link to the modification instructions if you have it. Would be nice if it applied to RWS-17 and 19 switches which I have all over the house. So far I'm using the "leave one incandescent light in the fixture" method to use LED lights.

I've ordered a few 25 watt 1.5kohm resistors to see if that method will allow me to resolve issues with the few single light fixtures that I have too. I tried testing with 20k to 33k ohm resistors and didn't have much luck. I know the RWS-17's pull about 33 mamps so probably makes since the high impedance resistors didn't work.
    I sent you a PM with mod instructions.

Leave a comment:

• jryan15
    replied
    Good work on the modifications. I am interested in a link to the modification instructions if you have it. Would be nice if it applied to RWS-17 and 19 switches which I have all over the house. So far I'm using the "leave one incandescent light in the fixture" method to use LED lights.

I've ordered a few 25 watt 1.5kohm resistors to see if that method will allow me to resolve issues with the few single light fixtures that I have too. I tried testing with 20k to 33k ohm resistors and didn't have much luck. I know the RWS-17's pull about 33 mamps so probably makes since the high impedance resistors didn't work.

Leave a comment:

• lhfarm
    replied
    Please do post. How did you make the discovery?

Barry

Leave a comment:

• Triggle
    replied
    +2

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• spknapp
    replied
    +1

Leave a comment:

• jimbell
    started a topic X-10 Wall Switch WS467 mod for use with LED bulbs

X-10 Wall Switch WS467 mod for use with LED bulbs

For those who still have some x-10 wall switch/dimmers in their HS environment, I have a mod that some might be interested in.
    Both the old and new versions of the WS467 are not very usable with LED light bulbs. Depending on the brand of the LED, they may not dim very much. Or they may dim down and not go completely off. Or they may "pulse" when dimmed down to a low level. All of these problems are due to the fact that they don't have a neutral wire. After adding a neutral wire, all the above problems go away. I have tried several brands of LED dimmable LED bulbs and all work just great.
    The mod for adding a neutral wire is pretty easy but requires disassembly of the module and some soldering. If there is interest in this mod let me know and I will post instructions as well as pictures.
Working...
X