Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Add a none dimmable X10 light switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Add a none dimmable X10 light switch?

When adding a new X10 light switch. I can't uncheck the "is dimmable" under its configuration. I guess I'm not adding it the correct way?

On/Off does work but I want to tell HS3 that it is not dimmable... can't find out how

thanks!

Originally posted by SleepWalker View Post
    When adding a new X10 light switch. I can't uncheck the "is dimmable" under its configuration. I guess I'm not adding it the correct way?

On/Off does work but I want to tell HS3 that it is not dimmable... can't find out how

thanks!
    In the X10 tab of the device set it as an appliance module which is on and off only, that should do the trick.
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"
    HomeSeer 3 V 3.0.0.318 with ALEXA (AKA Amazon Echo)
    BL Radar V2.0.217; BLRF V2.0.85.0; HS Touch V3.0.0.1034 X10 V3.0.0.42; PHLocation V3.0.0.38; Zwave V3.0.1.110; X10 V3.0.0.42
    BLBackup V2.0.39;ImperiHome3.0.0.20 All on Windows XP Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
      In the X10 tab of the device set it as an appliance module which is on and off only, that should do the trick.
      thanks! yes that did it. However it looks like it is important to do it when creating it. Once created it cannot be change, or I should say, making the change doesn't have any effect... weird...

thanks again!

Comment

Sleepwalker, new X10 devices must be created in a very specific way as outlined in this post. The 'Is Dimable' property (on the Configuration tab) is set by the X10 plugin when a device is created (or changed) and should not be changed by the user.
        Best regards,
        -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
        Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Working...
        X