I presume HS does not support true X10 protocal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by macromark View Post
    There was a thread regarding changing the COM port receive buffer and transmit buffer to address COM port delays with a TI103. I can't find that thread though... still, you might tweak those sliders to the middle point to see if latency improves.
    Thanks Mark for pointing me in that direction, discovered the Baud was set to 9600, manufacturer spec is 4800 baud, have changed it will see how it goes.
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

How long is the serial cable between your PC and the XTB232?
      Best regards,
      -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
      Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Originally posted by mfisher View Post
        How long is the serial cable between your PC and the XTB232?
        The cable is about 4 feet long
        sigpic
        A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Ok, cable length won't be the problem.
          Best regards,
          -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
          Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Originally posted by mfisher View Post
            Ok, cable length won't be the problem.
            Did not think it would be, it's the plugin.

Back in HS1 days HS would not talk to the european CM11A so a seperate set of dirvers were released. this problem continued through HS2. I wonder if it has contued into HS3?

I appreciate the the XTB232 is a US device, however like the CM11A it is constructed to the European spec.

Just a thought.
            sigpic

Comment

Try this old automation software written for W95, W98 and XP. It is free. I just tested it with a CM11A and it works fine and is fast.

Register, download and used the registration code.

Home Domination Home Automation Software

Shut off Homeseer before running this software.

Let us know how it works for you.

Attached is a picture of the program running in XP (W7 works too).

Happy Birthday to you Gordon!!!!!
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Pete; November 4, 2016, 07:37 PM.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                Try this old automation software written for W95, W98 and XP. It is free. I just tested it with a CM11A and it works fine and is fast.

Register, download and used the registration code.

Home Domination Home Automation Software

Shut off Homeseer before running this software.

Let us know how it works for you.

Attached is a picture of the program running in XP (W7 works too).

Happy Birthday to you Gordon!!!!!
                Thanks Pete, appreciated. I cannot download it though, can't get past the register for newsletters page!
                sigpic

Comment

Here is a direct link to download program.
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                    Here is a direct link to download program.
                    Thanks for the Birthday Present Pete, got it downloaded.

I have a suspicion this is the same workaroung HST used for HS1 and HS2, after I installed HS3 I could not find it again.

Thanks
                    sigpic

Comment

Is it time to call you Grand pappy Gogs?

Thinking Rupp is a grand grand pappy now a days.

In the 90's before HS1 I used a similar as above automation program on W95/W98. I have it somewhere here. (saved it away). The computer it's on is an old Seiko cash register point of sale machine with a battery back up and many serial ports on it. It still boots up today.

Really it is just to test your CM11A serial connection ==> Edgeport to software.

I also utilize an old X10 Chime to see how the CM11A is working here.

Response times should be instant.

Getting more granular you can monitor the serial port using Microsoft PortMon. It'll log all of the serial chit chat between the serial interface and the software.
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                      X