No announcement yet.

Event Trigger "X10: Receive X10 Command" Not Working [resolved in v3.0.0.39]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have said this before, but nobody took notice.

The CM11A is US only, in Europe we have the CM12U. Now I am going to assume there is a difference as HST released drivers for the CM12 to run under HS1 and HS2.

However HS3 did not, I presume because HST no longer supports X10!
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"
    HomeSeer 3 V 3.0.0.318 with ALEXA (AKA Amazon Echo)
    BL Radar V2.0.217; BLRF V2.0.85.0; HS Touch V3.0.0.1034 X10 V3.0.0.42; PHLocation V3.0.0.38; Zwave V3.0.1.110; X10 V3.0.0.42
    BLBackup V2.0.39;ImperiHome3.0.0.20 All on Windows XP Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
      I have said this before, but nobody took notice.

The CM11A is US only, in Europe we have the CM12U. Now I am going to assume there is a difference as HST released drivers for the CM12 to run under HS1 and HS2.

However HS3 did not, I presume because HST no longer supports X10!
      Hello Gordon,

The USB connected X10 powerline interfaces like the CM15A and CM12U require an operating system specific "driver" so that the operating system recognizes it and a HS plugin can communicate with it. These drivers are created and supported by the hardware manufacturer - not HST. In the past HST simply passed these drivers on to users so that their plugin would work.

The Serial Port connected powerline interfaces do not require any special drivers from the manufacturer and the HS plugins communicate directly with these interfaces.

While HST is no longer providing support for the X10 plugins (I am working on them), HS3 does support X10 and seems to work well for many users.
      Best regards,
      -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
      Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Originally posted by mfisher View Post
        Hello Gordon,

The USB connected X10 powerline interfaces like the CM15A and CM12U require an operating system specific "driver" so that the operating system recognizes it and a HS plugin can communicate with it. These drivers are created and supported by the hardware manufacturer - not HST. In the past HST simply passed these drivers on to users so that their plugin would work.

The Serial Port connected powerline interfaces do not require any special drivers from the manufacturer and the HS plugins communicate directly with these interfaces.

While HST is no longer providing support for the X10 plugins (I am working on them), HS3 does support X10 and seems to work well for many users.
        Thanks now I understand the driver involvement I will have try and find another solution to the X10 delays.
        sigpic
        A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"
        HomeSeer 3 V 3.0.0.318 with ALEXA (AKA Amazon Echo)
        BL Radar V2.0.217; BLRF V2.0.85.0; HS Touch V3.0.0.1034 X10 V3.0.0.42; PHLocation V3.0.0.38; Zwave V3.0.1.110; X10 V3.0.0.42
        BLBackup V2.0.39;ImperiHome3.0.0.20 All on Windows XP Pro

Comment

Working...
        X