X10 Extended Dim Operational Discrepency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X10 Extended Dim Operational Discrepency

I'm using X10 Extended Dim with Leviton DHC wall dimmers (HCM06).

When using the HS3 Device List GUI, clicking the "On" button, brings the light up to its last set dim level rather than to a full on state. However, the dim slider on the GUI is set to the full on (100%) position.

The results are the same if the "On" command is sent from an event - sending an "On" command sets the light to the last set dim level. To set the light to full on, I have to set the action to dim to 99%.

Is there a way to make the light go to full on when clicking the "On" button or sending an "On" command from an event?

Mike

Hi Mike,

When HS sends an ON command it expects the device to go to 100% on, not to a dim state.

I'm not really familiar with the Leviton devices - is there a way to change the behavior of these devices so that they go to FULL ON when they receive an X10 ON command rather than turning on to the last dim level?
    Best regards,
    -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
    Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

After some reading of the manual and product spec sheet, and some fiddling and testing, I think the answer is no. It seems to be a fixed feature that it returns to the previously set dim level. Locally, single tapping the rocker paddle will take it to the previous level, double tapping to full on. However, I see no way to replicate the double tapping functionality with X10 commands, other than what I'm doing with a "dim to 99%" command. Sending an "On" command seems to always set the switch to the previous dim state and I see no way to change that behavior.

Thanks,
      Mike

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. Some devices will signal a double-tap by sending <Address><ON><ON> and I'm curious if your switches will respond to this. If you have a Maxi controller you can try simulating a double-tap by pressing <Address><ON><ON> and see what the switch does.
        Best regards,
        -Mark-

Comment

I do have a maxi-controller and tried your test, but it did not work. The first <ON> command brings the light to the previous dim level, the second <ON> command appears to have no effect.

Mike

Comment

Ok, thanks for trying.
            Best regards,
            -Mark-

Comment

Working...
            X