Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issues with Jasco Z-Wave PLus In-Wall Smart Motion Dimmer (26933)-Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got my first one of these GE Motion Dimmers (26933). I had no problem getting it added into Homeseer, and I can control it from Homeseer just fine, however it is not updating its status from any local controls (motion or button). Not just the motion status, but also the actual switch status itself. I tried removing and adding the associations as described, rescan, etc - but nothing is helping. If I manually poll devices, then it picks up the status no problem.

Also, on some of the screen shots in this thread, the "Settings" section includes actual options for all the various parameters, but my settings only has a settings for ALL ON/ALL OFF behaviour (I have to use the "set parameter" command to control everything). How did you get the much nicer setup options?

Here are my settings:
    Attached Files

Comment

Upon some more experimenting, it appears that it does partially update the status of the switch/dimmer if I manually use the local button (rather than the light automatically turning on/off via occupancy mode). However, when you turn the light on (push top button), it shows "Dim" and a percentage between 5% and 20%, and when turning the light off (push bottom button), it shows "Dim" and around 80%. It NEVER updates from these status unless I manually poll, turn the light on/off again locally, or use Homeseer to control the light.

I currently have the switch in the default occupancy mode. I did try changing parameter 3 to 1 (as described above, including the full procedure with associations), however the motion status was never updated (unless I happened to manually poll the device while the motion sensor was activated), so for now I had to put it back in occupancy mode so we can have light in the room.

Any ideas?
      Attached Files

Comment

I have currently have one in the Master Bath. It controls not only the fan but all of the lights ini the room. The motion has been programmed separate from the switch so I can preform whatever functions I need to do without effecting the switch. When you walk into the room HomeSeer turns on the whole house hot water recirculating pump so you'll have hot water quickly, it resets timers for the lights and fan incase you turn them on. This allows fans and lights have different timing which works great.

I'm now ordering three more for the other two bathrooms and the garage.

The only thing I don't like about these are:
        1) They don't give you status to the light sensor so you can use motion plus see what the light level is. This is needed to control lights and the fan so lights only come on when needed but the fan is always controlled.
        2) Needs shutters so you can control the angle the motion detector sees. This keeps it from picking up movement when someone goes by a door. It can still be done you just have to use tape.
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
        Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
        Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
        3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
        4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
        3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
        SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

I have one of the non-dimmable versions (26931), I've tried everything suggested in this thread multiple time to no avail. I can turn the light on & off from homeseer, but the motion status never changes. I even had my wife walk in front of it while I watched homeseer. No motion events show up in the log either.

Comment

I added a 2nd of the Smart Motion Dimmer, and cannot get it to report status either. I can control it just fine from Homeseer, and if I do a manual poll it reports correctly, but it does not push status updates for either the motion sensor or even the switch itself.

Comment

Originally posted by yvrtim View Post
              I added a 2nd of the Smart Motion Dimmer, and cannot get it to report status either. I can control it just fine from Homeseer, and if I do a manual poll it reports correctly, but it does not push status updates for either the motion sensor or even the switch itself.
              There is a parameter that controls that. Make sure it's correctly set. I have mine set to report both on remote and local changes.

Actually I only change a couple of parameters from factory settings. Here is one of mine. I do wish the light sensor was exposed as well but Oh Well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 10.12.08 AM.png
Views:	545
Size:	241.5 KB
ID:	1261689
              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
              Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
              Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
              3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
              4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
              3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
              SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

I dont see any of these options in settings. Is there a plugin or something I need to get to expose those settings?

I can use the set parameter function. Which is the setting that enables reporting for local and remote changes?

Comment

I am beginning to think maybe my two units are from a defective batch. I am having two problems with both my GE Smart Motion Dimmer switches (26933).

PROBLEM 1: The Z-Wave settings do not appear for these switches in Homeseer. Several people in this thread host posted screen shots showings under settings, a section called "GE-Jasco Switch-Sensor version 5.38" with various options such as Sensor Timeout, Sensory Sensitivity, etc.

I do not have any of these options in settings (nor is there a header called GE-Jasco Switch-Sensor). All I have is the setting for how it responds to ALL ON/ALL OFF, and the Multi-Level switch option for dimming duration. I can still use the "set parameter" function to control the various options if I look up the parameter number and options.

I noticed that the firmware on my units is 5.32. Do I need to upgrade to 5.38 for the settings to appear? If so, where do I get the updated firmware (I can't find it on the Jasco support page, or via google search)

PROBLEM 2: While I can control the switch from homeseer, and I can manually poll it, it is not reporting its status back whenever there is a change (local or remote initiated). For example, if I turn it on of off with the local switch, the status never reports back to Homeseer. Changing the switch operation (parameter 3) to Manual (1) did not make any different to this issue, it still doesn't send updates when there is a change.

I have tried multiple times re-moving and re-adding the associations as suggested in this thread, I have excluded and then re-included the switches, I have tried a factory reset of them, I even tried a re-build of the zwave.db file in homeseer, and nothing is working.

Is there a technical support resource wither with Homeseer or GE/Jasco I can call to help resolve this?

Thanks

Attached Files

Comment

Have you tried adding un-secure? I have the switch, not the dimmer and I get instant status of both the light and the sensor. I do let the sensor control the light but I also turn the light on when the door to the garage is opened. I could use the sensor to control other things but I decided the best way was to leave it alone for my purposes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 11-24-18 at 05.24 PM.PNG
Views:	517
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	1261732Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 11-24-18 at 05.22 PM.PNG
Views:	515
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	1261733

Comment

@racefern no I had not tried adding unsecure, so I removed/excluded and then readded using Z-tool with "add unsecure". Still the same issue with none of the settings appearing, and no status reports pushed from the switch to Homeseer.

I note that you are also on firmware 5.38 (mine are on 5.32). I think I might need to get ahold of Jasco and see if I can get updated firmware for them, or else exchange them for newer units (although I just purchased these units via amazon in the past two weeks).

Comment

yvrtim - The key there is Amazon, just return, saying not functioning as they should and try again.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

I did find an issue with reporting status on this device, update to Z-Wave plugin 3.0.1.250 which is in the Beta section on the plugins page and see if status is now reporting.
                          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

rjh I am very happy to report that after updating to .250, I am now getting instant status reports from these dimmers!!! Thank you Rich!!!

The settings section is still missing the "user friendly" settings that the Switch version of this product has (see Timon post #51), it would be great if those could be added.

Thanks!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                              I did find an issue with reporting status on this device, update to Z-Wave plugin 3.0.1.250 which is in the Beta section on the plugins page and see if status is now reporting.
                              What about the S2 version of Z-Wave? I noticed there have been about 10 updates to the regular Z-Wave interface since the S2 version was introduced.

--Barry

Comment

Settings are working here. Go to the Z-Wave tab for your switch and expand the top section, make sure the Type shows as 0x4447 and the ID shows as 0x3036. If not, tell me what you see there.

Originally posted by yvrtim View Post
                                rjh I am very happy to report that after updating to .250, I am now getting instant status reports from these dimmers!!! Thank you Rich!!!

The settings section is still missing the "user friendly" settings that the Switch version of this product has (see Timon post #51), it would be great if those could be added.

Thanks!
                                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                                X