Delays with version 3.0.1.124

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
    Last night I updated my HS Core app to 318 (current on the website)... and was previously on 311.
    Wait... your Z-wave plugin version was .128 on HS version .311? And no delays?

Hmmmm!
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
      Wait... your Z-wave plugin version was .128 on HS version .311? And no delays?

Hmmmm!
      Yea, I can't remember what the issues were with 311, though I know others had issues and it was just working for me, so I left it alone.

I am concerned that this thread is dying out though and focus is disappearing on the issue...

Comment

I am concerned that this thread is dying out though and focus is disappearing on the issue...
        The only delays I have on 318 and .129 were found and fixed (sort of, workaround?) and now I have no more delays. So I'm good as of now.

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
          The only delays I have on 318 and .129 were found and fixed (sort of, workaround?) and now I have no more delays. So I'm good as of now.
          Thats good to know. I still want to know what changed in 129, but I might update to it tonight and see how things go.

Comment

Thats good to know. I still want to know what changed in 129, but I might update to it tonight and see how things go.
            I don't think is was 129 that did anything. I had the problem with 128 when I added the trouble devices and update to 129 did nothing to fix it. But my delays only happened after I added two new multisensor 6 to the mix (have older ones that haven't been touched in awhile already in the system)

Comment

I have been on 128 and 318 since last Saturday and, once I cleaned up all the unneeded entries in polling, mine has been letter perfect across all four networks. I am absolutely convinced that polling and the way that the plug-in handles it are about 80% of these problems. Other than 3 Aeotec Smart Strips (which don't instant status or report reliably) and my battery devices (31 total) that are polled for the battery at 12hr. intervals, I have sworn off polling completely. I am going to bite the bullet and replace my three strips with Smart Switches and call it good.

Comment

I installed .129 yesterday and removed alot of the polls that failed I've written about earlier.

Now it's fast again. A short delay now and then (say once pr 5-6 hour), which I admit still could be related to polling, but all in all things are back to normal.

I also agree that it seems that polling of certain (battery operated?) nodes are causing problems.
                I wonder what changed between .110 and .129 in regards to that...
                HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

I installed .129 yesterday and removed alot of the polls that failed I've written about earlier.

Now it's fast again. A short delay now and then (say once pr 5-6 hour), which I admit still could be related to polling, but all in all things are back to normal.

I also agree that it seems that polling of certain (battery operated?) nodes are causing problems.
                  I wonder what changed between .110 and .129 in regards to that...

There are lots of line powered devices that don't poll correctly, too. One of the issues is that the ZW PI assigned that silly 20 minutes and 'x' values seemingly at random to child devices which clogs up the system with many useless polling events. There is no reason to poll any of the many new devices with instant status, but the PI persists in creating these entries. Even the older devices that can be set internally to wake and send reports, or just send them on a schedule, have very little benefit to being polled.

This was supposedly addressed in 126 (I think) but I have seen these added back to devices rescanned under 128 so I don't think it is entirely fixed. Also going from memory, 125 and 126 had code revisions that were supposed to address latency that had been reintroduced around 116(?). A detailed changelog would be most helpful to try and keep track of all this.

I have no idea what 129 does at all over 128. I have not installed it, and won't unless I know what those changes are.

Comment

I am experiencing the delays as well. I seem to notice the delay most first thing in the morning when I wake up. I looked at the devices that are being polled in my network, and sure enough, there are all sorts of devices that clearly do not need to be polled, their interval set to 22 minutes and change. I have an event that runs when I press a Cooper on/off switch, that turns on multiple Zwave devices. As other members here have stated, there can be a 5-15 second pronounced delay on many mornings when I get up. But not EVERY morning. Like other users, this delay comes and goes seemingly random. The only correlation I have seen is what others have observed, that it seems to have something to do with the plugin versions. I am currently running .130 and Homeseer 3.0.0.318. My Z-NET controller is version 1.0.22 I have over 100 Zwave devices in my network, and about a half dozen or so low power devices (contact sensors, and motion detectors)

Comment

Try the latest released Z-Wave plugin and see if things are better (3.0.1.130).

Originally posted by fdarden View Post
                      I am experiencing the delays as well. I seem to notice the delay most first thing in the morning when I wake up. I looked at the devices that are being polled in my network, and sure enough, there are all sorts of devices that clearly do not need to be polled, their interval set to 22 minutes and change. I have an event that runs when I press a Cooper on/off switch, that turns on multiple Zwave devices. As other members here have stated, there can be a 5-15 second pronounced delay on many mornings when I get up. But not EVERY morning. Like other users, this delay comes and goes seemingly random. The only correlation I have seen is what others have observed, that it seems to have something to do with the plugin versions. I am currently running .130 and Homeseer 3.0.0.318. My Z-NET controller is version 1.0.22 I have over 100 Zwave devices in my network, and about a half dozen or so low power devices (contact sensors, and motion detectors)
                      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                        Try the latest released Z-Wave plugin and see if things are better (3.0.1.130).

Thanks but that's the one I'm currently using.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

If you would like to know what is causing your delay (if its indeed Z-Wave), turn on the debug logging option, note the time of the delay and send me the zipped up log files. I can then see what happened.

Originally posted by fdarden View Post
                          Thanks but that's the one I'm currently using.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Okay, I take that back. It happens with my Fibaro sensors (motion, magnet and water) too:

Code:
                            jun-15 12:08:09	 	Z-Wave Warning	Z-NET #1: Device (Node 28) woke up, but queued command failed to be sent. Command=Poll Device
                            jun-15 12:08:09	 	Z-Wave	Wake-Up Util Proc for (Diverse Z-Wave Vannsensor kjellergang, Root) handling: Poll Device
                            jun-15 12:08:09	 	Z-Wave	Z-NET #1: Wake-Up Notification Processing for Node 28 (Diverse Z-Wave Vannsensor kjellergang, Root)
                            jun-15 12:08:09	 	Z-Wave	Z-NET #1: Z-Wave Wake-Up Notification Received for Node 28
                            But sometimes it works:
                            Code:
                            jun-15 12:22:40	 	Z-Wave	Z-NET #1: Z-Wave Wake-Up 'No More Info' Notification sent to Node 27(Diverse Z-Wave Vannsensor matbod, Root).
                            jun-15 12:22:40	 	Z-Wave	Z-NET #1: Device (Node 27) woke up and Poll Device for Diverse Z-Wave Vannsensor matbod, Temperature 2 was successfully sent.
                            jun-15 12:22:40	 	Z-Wave	Wake-Up Util Proc for (Diverse Z-Wave Vannsensor matbod, Root) handling: Poll Device
                            jun-15 12:22:40	 	Z-Wave	Z-NET #1: Wake-Up Notification Processing for Node 27 (Diverse Z-Wave Vannsensor matbod, Root)
                            jun-15 12:22:40	 	Z-Wave	Z-NET #1: Z-Wave Wake-Up Notification Received for Node 27
                            I'm having the same issue with battery polling with what seems to be all my battery-powered devices. There were always a few error like this in the log, but with the later versions it seems like failure is the standard. Any idea what could cause that and how to fix it?

Thanks,
                            Alex

Comment

Rich I am working to collect logs for you, but I went to 130 from 128 and I am noticing delays again. I will email you later.

Comment

I restarted the HS3 server because of some Windows Updates, and after HS3 started up again I sometimes get delays!

Most of the time it's working great, but then suddenly, there is 10-15 minutes where everything is horrible delayed. I use 311 MHz motion sensors as light trigging aswell as Z-wave motion sensors, and there's no difference in delay between the two. The delays can be up to a couple of minutes.

Then, 10-15 minutes later, everything is working like there was no problem. Wait a few hours and I get a new 10-15 minutes of delays.

I'm on .130 if it matters.

This happened right before the last "fifteen minutes of delays":
                                Code:
                                jun-22 11:30:45	 	Z-Wave Warning	Z-NET #1: Device (Node 28) woke up, but queued command failed to be sent. Command=Poll Device
                                jun-22 11:30:44	 	Z-Wave	Wake-Up Util Proc for (Diverse Z-Wave Vannsensor kjellergang, Root) handling: Poll Device
                                jun-22 11:30:44	 	Z-Wave	Z-NET #1: Device (Node 28) woke up and Poll Device for Diverse Z-Wave Vannsensor kjellergang, Temperature 2 was successfully sent.
                                jun-22 11:30:43	 	Z-Wave	Wake-Up Util Proc for (Diverse Z-Wave Vannsensor kjellergang, Root) handling: Poll Device
                                jun-22 11:30:43	 	Z-Wave	Z-NET #1: Wake-Up Notification Processing for Node 28 (Diverse Z-Wave Vannsensor kjellergang, Root)
                                jun-22 11:30:43	 	Z-Wave	Z-NET #1: Z-Wave Wake-Up Notification Received for Node 28
                                jun-22 11:28:24	 	Z-Wave	Z-NET #1: Z-Wave Wake-Up 'No More Info' Notification sent to Node 29(2. etg LH-rom Vindussensor, Root).
                                jun-22 11:28:23	 	Z-Wave	Z-NET #1: Wake-Up Notification Processing for Node 29 (2. etg LH-rom Vindussensor, Root)
                                jun-22 11:28:23	 	Z-Wave	Z-NET #1: Z-Wave Wake-Up Notification Received for Node 29
                                I don't think it's a coincidense. But it might be.

Comment

Working...
                                X