Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trane Thermostat XR524 Stopped Working Correctly

Hello guys,

So we're having issues with a Trane XR524 Z-Wave Thermostat. All the sudden the device stopped listening to our commands, we can't change its cooling setpoint, the reported temperature is not refreshing at all, etc.

This is what I get when I poll the device:

Code:
    10 @ Polling: Piso 1 Z-Wave Thermostat (Status is: 0)
    9 @ Polling: Piso 1 Z-Wave Temperature (Status is:(Plugin Reports Error Getting Status))
    8 @ Polling: Piso 1 Z-Wave Fan Mode (Status is: 2)
    7 @ Polling: Piso 1 Z-Wave Fan State (Status is: 2)
    6 @ Polling: Piso 1 Z-Wave Mode (Status is: 18)
    5 @ Polling: Piso 1 Z-Wave Operating State (Status is: 2)
    4 @ Polling: Piso 1 Z-Wave Heating Setpoint (Status is:(Plugin Reports Error Getting Status))
    3 @ Polling: Piso 1 Z-Wave Cooling Setpoint (Status is:(Plugin Reports Error Getting Status))
    So, it seems the device is reporting all of its different status correctly except temperature and cooling/heating setpoints.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

PS. The device works perfectly when commanding it via its touchscreen.

If it is hopping through another device have you tried disabling that device to force it to find another route to the root transceiver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dchramcow View Post
      Hello guys,

So we're having issues with a Trane XR524 Z-Wave Thermostat. All the sudden the device stopped listening to our commands, we can't change its cooling setpoint, the reported temperature is not refreshing at all, etc.

This is what I get when I poll the device:

Code:
      10 @ Polling: Piso 1 Z-Wave Thermostat (Status is: 0)
      9 @ Polling: Piso 1 Z-Wave Temperature (Status is:(Plugin Reports Error Getting Status))
      8 @ Polling: Piso 1 Z-Wave Fan Mode (Status is: 2)
      7 @ Polling: Piso 1 Z-Wave Fan State (Status is: 2)
      6 @ Polling: Piso 1 Z-Wave Mode (Status is: 18)
      5 @ Polling: Piso 1 Z-Wave Operating State (Status is: 2)
      4 @ Polling: Piso 1 Z-Wave Heating Setpoint (Status is:(Plugin Reports Error Getting Status))
      3 @ Polling: Piso 1 Z-Wave Cooling Setpoint (Status is:(Plugin Reports Error Getting Status))
      So, it seems the device is reporting all of its different status correctly except temperature and cooling/heating setpoints.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

PS. The device works perfectly when commanding it via its touchscreen.
      Select the Root device for the thermostat and then select the Zwave tab.
      Rescan and if successful do a "Test Connectivity".
      If this all works and you still can't control, goto the Plugins Manage page and from the Zwave dropdown, select Node Information. See if you connect directly to the Zwave controller and how many neighbors you see.

Z

Comment

So guys, quick update on this issue.

What I ended up doing was factory resetting the Thermostat. After doing that, it started performing correctly again via Z-Wave communication.

Thanks a lot for your advice and support.

Comment

Working...
        X