Batter Polling on latest betas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batter Polling on latest betas

Looking back through my logs I can see an increase in the frequency of Z_Wave Warnings when polling battery devices, mainly for battery level. An example is:

Z-Wave Warning UZB1: Device (Node 71) woke up, but queued command failed to be sent. Command=Poll Device

The devices giving these warnings are mostly only polled for battery level, except for my 2No StellaZs which I poll for all sorts of readings.

Looking at the release notes I would have expected the change at beta 3.0.1.128 to have started these warnings, however, I don't have logs going back far enough. What I do notice is a significant increase in these warnings after changing from 3.0.1.130 to 3.0.1.135.

Examples

Node 116 (6 hour wake-up interval, battery polling only - 12 hours)
    Beta 135 - 2 warnings out of 4 wake-ups (50% failure rate)
    Beta 130 - 4 warnings out of 17 wake-ups (24% failure rate)

Node 69 (StellaZ 6 minute wake-up interval, lots of polling of readings but battery every 12 hours))
    Beta 135 - 6 warnings out of 243 wake-ups (2.5% failure rate)
    Beta 130 - 6 warnings out of 947 wake-ups (0.6% failure rate)

Warning rate has more than doubled in change from beta 130 to 135. I've examined my logs for a number of devices and the above are reasonably typical.

The lower failure rate on the StellaZs suggests to me that it is the battery polls that are failing not polling for other settings like temperature and valve position. For information the battery polling is by automatic polling set on the battery child, all other polling is from Events using Z-Wave actions.

Steve

PS Sorry for the typo in the thread title
    Last edited by SteveMSJ; July 8, 2017, 01:33 PM. Reason: Corrected data!

Not sure if you have something backwards. The data you show above shows a lower warning rate for beta 135 not higher. For node 116 it is halved and for node 69 it is quarter.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogstar Warrior View Post
      Not sure if you have something backwards. The data you show above shows a lower warning rate for beta 135 not higher. For node 116 it is halved and for node 69 it is quarter.
      Thanks for spotting my miss typing. I've corrected the information.

Steve

Comment

Same here.

Same issue here, thanks for documenting it.

Comment

Working...
        X