Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incomplete node addition

Hi,

I recently tried to add a new node and it didn't succeed.
    I now have an incomplete node and can't see how to remove it.

Any suggestions?
    Attached Files

I have had this happen a couple of times. I go into the Z-Wave controller menu and "Import Node Info from Controller and scan devices". This will usually create a HomeSeer device. If you already added the device successfully under another node number, simply click on "Remove Bad Node" from the Z-Wave tab. If the device failed during inclusion and you didn't try again, Test Connectivity and if it is successful rescan the device. If it is a battery operated device, make sure and wake it up before testing or rescanning.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

"Import Node Info from Controller and scan devices". worked - thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        I have had this happen a couple of times. I go into the Z-Wave controller menu and "Import Node Info from Controller and scan devices". This will usually create a HomeSeer device. If you already added the device successfully under another node number, simply click on "Remove Bad Node" from the Z-Wave tab. If the device failed during inclusion and you didn't try again, Test Connectivity and if it is successful rescan the device. If it is a battery operated device, make sure and wake it up before testing or rescanning.
        Every time I delete a node, node 28 is added again, I now have several copies. I tried the "Import & scan" to see it that cleared it, it just added it again. Suggestions?

Is it correct that the only way to remove bad or phantom nodes is to edit the database?

Comment

Originally posted by DESIi1 View Post
          Every time I delete a node, node 28 is added again, I now have several copies. I tried the "Import & scan" to see it that cleared it, it just added it again. Suggestions?

Is it correct that the only way to remove bad or phantom nodes is to edit the database?
          If you have a nonexistent node associated with a HomeSeer device, you should be able to "Remove Bad Node" from the Z-Wave tab on the HomeSeer device. That should remove the node from the controller and the device from HomeSeer. To verify go to the Plug-Ins>Z-Wave>Node Information page and make sure the node number is no longer on the list.

I am not sure what you mean when you write "I now have several copies". Do you mean you have several HomeSeer devices all sharing the same node number? If that is the case you should be able to delete any that remain after you "Remove Bad Node".
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
            If you have a nonexistent node associated with a HomeSeer device, you should be able to "Remove Bad Node" from the Z-Wave tab on the HomeSeer device. That should remove the node from the controller and the device from HomeSeer. To verify go to the Plug-Ins>Z-Wave>Node Information page and make sure the node number is no longer on the list.

I am not sure what you mean when you write "I now have several copies". Do you mean you have several HomeSeer devices all sharing the same node number? If that is the case you should be able to delete any that remain after you "Remove Bad Node".
            I would have to say I have a corrupted database. Its quite old, I'd rebuild it but many devices are old and very difficult to access. When I run Z-Seer I get different results showing perfectly good Gen5 devices are red and "Could not contact" Doing a full optimization sometimes make things much worse. When I try to remove with the Z-Wave Tab "Remove Bad Node" it fails.

I was able to remove and re-add the device that kept adding itself every time I tried to delete one of the bad nodes, so that fixed.

Is there a primer on editing the database, I have the SQL tools to do so but looking at the data it is not obvious even what node number is in each record.

Comment

Working...
            X