Multisensor 6 issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multisensor 6 issue

Anyone else having an issue with the aeotec multisensor 6? I'm on the most current nonbeta release but there is a solid 2-3 minute delay between motion and the lights being turned on. Everything else seems as quick as expected.

I have two of these sensors and both behave exactly the same.

The sensors are usb powered so I would expect them to work better than being on batteries but no go.

Any ideas?

Originally posted by natebest2000 View Post
    Anyone else having an issue with the aeotec multisensor 6? I'm on the most current nonbeta release but there is a solid 2-3 minute delay between motion and the lights being turned on. Everything else seems as quick as expected.

I have two of these sensors and both behave exactly the same.

The sensors are usb powered so I would expect them to work better than being on batteries but no go.

Any ideas?
    I've had this problem before. check and make sure they are associated properly. these sensors act as routing devices.

Comment

I also had this problem and when turning on debugging I found errors when the sensor was useing "BASIC" command. A solution that worked for me was setting permeter #5 to 2.

I'm running beta z-wave builds and not sure if that is the same problem your having but turn on z-wave debug and go trip the motion then watch the log and see if you get the error.

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
        I also had this problem and when turning on debugging I found errors when the sensor was useing "BASIC" command. A solution that worked for me was setting permeter #5 to 2.

I'm running beta z-wave builds and not sure if that is the same problem your having but turn on z-wave debug and go trip the motion then watch the log and see if you get the error.
        This did improve the speed significantly. Thank you very much.

Comment

To me, this is a situation that began with recent updates. I've had my 2 multisensors since January and at that time and for a couple of months after that, the triggers were almost instantaneous. Unfortunately I stopped using the sensors for those events so I don't have a trail of when the problems started.

About two weeks ago, I enabled the event and the delay was painful. Even by changing parameter 5 to "2" the delay still persists; although it is down to about five seconds. I set up a link from the motion sensor to the light and the delay is identical.

Can someone post the link of where updates are kept, I'm thinking of going way back to see if this can improve or at least find the source of the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
            To me, this is a situation that began with recent updates. I've had my 2 multisensors since January and at that time and for a couple of months after that, the triggers were almost instantaneous. Unfortunately I stopped using the sensors for those events so I don't have a trail of when the problems started.

About two weeks ago, I enabled the event and the delay was painful. Even by changing parameter 5 to "2" the delay still persists; although it is down to about five seconds. I set up a link from the motion sensor to the light and the delay is identical.

Can someone post the link of where updates are kept, I'm thinking of going way back to see if this can improve or at least find the source of the problem.
            Have you checked debug logs for the problem?

Comment

Debug logs? As opposed to regular logs? Do I need to enable this?

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
                Debug logs? As opposed to regular logs? Do I need to enable this?
                Yes, regular logs don't show much data. Debug log will flood your logs with info. Only turn on while your testing then turn back off to keep your logs under control.

To turn on the z-wave debug log click the plugins drop down, then click manage to bring up the whole list of plugins. Click on "Z-wave" then you will see
                "Enable Detailed Debug logging to file (Do not enable unless instructed by tech support, this will use a lot of disk space)"

After that you can run some test and trip the motions and look for errors or delays in the log.

Comment

Thanks, I'll see what I can dredge up.

Comment

Working...
                  X