10-20 second delay on Aeon Motion sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10-20 second delay on Aeon Motion sensor

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this question. I carried out a full scan of the Z-wave devices, which has negatively affected the 3 x Aeon Multisensor 6 devices.

When motion is sensed, a solid green light now goes on for 10-20 seconds before HomeSeer is informed and the appropriate event is triggered, eg the lights switch on. Previously it was fine and the green LED just flashed briefly when motion was sensed. The bathroom lights are impacted and the WAF is reducing as a consequence.

The settings for the motion sensors don't appear to be affected even though I have tried adjusting them.

Originally posted by Duomi8 View Post
    Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this question. I carried out a full scan of the Z-wave devices, which has negatively affected the 3 x Aeon Multisensor 6 devices.

When motion is sensed, a solid green light now goes on for 10-20 seconds before HomeSeer is informed and the appropriate event is triggered, eg the lights switch on. Previously it was fine and the green LED just flashed briefly when motion was sensed. The bathroom lights are impacted and the WAF is reducing as a consequence.

The settings for the motion sensors don't appear to be affected even though I have tried adjusting them.
    Have a look at parameter No 5 (1 byte). If it is set to 1 change it to 2 and see if that cures your issue.

Steve

Comment

Comment

Worked a treat for me. Thanks SteveMSJ . 4 years on, amazed at what we find in these forums.

Comment

SteveMSJ,

can you share what the parameters on this switch do?

many thanks for the learning.

Devoir

Comment

Originally posted by devoir View Post
            SteveMSJ,

can you share what the parameters on this switch do?

many thanks for the learning.

Devoir
            You want to look for the Engineering Sheets on the Aeotec website.
            Try the following link and then click on the Engineering Sheets Multisensor 6 near the bottom of the page. This gives details of all the parameters.
            https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support...pecifications-

You can also get to the Engineering Sheets from the User Guide page
            https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support...-6-user-guide-

Steve

Comment

I can confirm that this solution also works for Aeon Multisensor 5.

Comment

Many thanks SteveMSJ & Alex_W I will go and do some homework....

Devoir

Comment

Working...
                X