Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lombarj
    replied
    I too am confused about this. I bought Homeseer dimmers and switches that are supposed to be scene capable. When I go to add devices to a scene, just about everything in the house shows up in the drop down list. In my other home the only device that comes up is the First Alert ZCOMBO Z-wave smoke & CO detector/alarm; which is not scene capable. Why would scene capabilities be removed.
    I don't particularly care since I prefer to use events, but why hype that your products support scenes when your controller(s) do not?
    Also, I have other "scene control" devices that trigger scenes that I would like to use in my systems.

Leave a comment:

• Lindahl
    replied
    Originally posted by DanWheeler View Post
    They also told me scenes as a concept are the old way of doing things and that I should just control my lights through individual device control calls.
    That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Compared to scene controls (where one command is sent and devices respond in different ways), sending multiple individual device control calls are slow, buggy and deliver an poor user experience - lights turn on at different times or may not even turn on at all. Why would you move from a much superior way of doing things to a much inferior way of doing things? It's not that Z-wave is eliminating scenes as a concept, is it that HomeSeer fails to deliver a good scene experience (light statuses in their software get out of whack)?

Give me a month with their HomeSeer source code and their Dimmer firmware source code, and I'll deliver a much more powerful and bulletproof system that is up there with a Lutron system, both in terms of central hub control and responsiveness when the hub control is down. (I work for Google and have worked in aerospace, space and telecom infrastructure and other five 9's high-reliability environments).

I'd add min/max brightness limits for PROPER functioning of LEDs/CFLs. I'd add scene control power to their dimmers (a single tap turns multiple lights on to your prescribed levels). I'd add reliability to their software light statuses. But I don't think they'd ever let me dive in. c'est la vie.

Leave a comment:

• kriz83
    replied
    Any update on this? Installed a couple of Fibaro dimmer 2 and switch 2 modules, but homeseer claims they don't support scenes. So now when i activate a scene, it sends the commands to all 12 moduiles individually. This causes a huge delay !

Leave a comment:

• Nick@MatchlessIT.com
    replied
    Another one here that has the same issue, checking in. I haven't opened a ticket yet but I will do that ASAP.

I am using ONLY Homeseer's dimmer switches which are without a doubt scene capable; it was one of the selling points for me in fact.

I guess it's "old way of thinking" but I do kinda feel a little cheated because I could have paid less for switches that frankly have held up better for my clients (as in, zero failures on thousands of switches compared to 20% failure rate out of about 40 of the HS switches).

Good luck to us all on getting it fixed. I sure hope they're not abandoning this thing - I'm replacing Control4 units with it and my clients are happier.

Leave a comment:

• lpcalcaterra
    replied
    This is still an issue. I have created multiple scenes in the past that included Non Scene devices. The scenes work fine. The drop down list does not include all of my scene capable devices and NON of the non scene capable.

Leave a comment:

• kapppa
    replied
    Has anyone found a resolution to this? I agree with all that this is a HS bug. I didn't have this issue until I bought some Homeseer WS200+ dimmers. I had to upgrade the zwave plug-in to achieve full functionality on these devices, and after that haven't had anything listed in the scene drop down. I'm quite sure that the WS200+'s are scene-capable

Leave a comment:

• jrfuda
    replied
    That's a rather silly response. I have dozens of Cooper Aspire devices and they are all scene capable, but none are showing up.

I need to use scenes because I have several virtual 3 and 4 way switches/dimmers that I'd prefer work without HomeSeer in the HS is ever down.

That said, since moving HS the computer it is currently on, probably over 2 years ago, it's never crashed and my robust UPS system has gotten in through even 3-4 hour power outages.

Leave a comment:

• DanWheeler
    replied
    I opened a ticket with HS support for this. They said my devices are probably not scene compatible and that previous versions were allowing non-scene compatible devices to show up in the drop-down even though they weren't scene compatible. They sure SEEM like they were scene compatible because they were included in scenes and working just fine before the upgrade. They also told me scenes as a concept are the old way of doing things and that I should just control my lights through individual device control calls.

I don't really have a problem with doing it this way. It's been kind of a pain to re-shuffle everything. I pretty much just made new events for every "scene" (for example, I have a "Dim Lights" event) then I call those "scene events" from other events as if I were calling a scene.

The things that annoys me is that they won't acknowledge this as a bug. It's just kind of a sloppy change.

Leave a comment:

• jrfuda
    replied
    Updated HS and the ZWave Plugin for the first time in over a year so I could try the new mobile beta. After doing this (not sure if it was HS or ZWave update), my device drop down is empty in manage scenes as well with the exception of a couple of non-scene capable devices - basically same behavior you all are seeing.

Also, I tried to change the behavior of a scene from "dim to 60%" to just "turn on," but after saving and deploying, it was still set on the dim. I confirmed this both at my scene controllers and by using the poll for scene command on the zwave tab in my 5-button controllers.

Finally, this last update messed up all of the scene vs device and controller button reconciliation I had going on in the background. I had several events to ensure the device and the controller buttons that manage scenes associated with it, all stayed in sync. They've worked perfectly for 3-4 years. After the update, I woke the next morning to find all these devices dimming on and off non stop. I disabled all of these events to stop the cycling. This morning I spent about an hour testing different methods to achieve what I had before and finally have it working on one set (two 5-button controllers and one dimmer) so they all stay in sync, but will give it a few days to see of it acts up again.

Leave a comment:

• DanWheeler
    replied
    +1 for this. Yikes - major issue. This seems to have happened after I moved to a new PC. Not sure if I upgraded the plugin.

running 3.0.1.190

Homeseer please help!

Leave a comment:

• ghell2000
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BeatyML
    replied
    I have had to start working around using the Scenes by setting each device individually.

Leave a comment:

• Rtmatthew
    replied
    Still a problem.

Devices still not showing. I have updated my plugins. What is HS saying about this. This is a big deal?

Leave a comment:

• BeatyML
    replied
    That just gets the drop down to list devices that shouldn't be there.
    Still a problem!

Leave a comment:

• cowinger
    replied
    Have you guys tried this setting. I got the info from the first sentence here. https://help.homeseer.com/help/Z-Wav...ice_to_control
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X