Zwave plugin update and Windows 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zwave plugin update and Windows 10

I did my first plugin update after moving my system to a Windows 10 box two weeks ago where it has been stable since. The download from the updater ran but at installation, the entry for the Zwave plugin disappeared entirely from the plugin table at page top and the log filled with errors, first saying it could not install the new plugin files as all the files were in use already, then follow-on errors about devices not reachable etc..

I used the install txt file from the updater subdirectory and moved all the files into the indicated subdirectories. The SQLite.interop.dll and the systemLite data dll (both dated from 2016) were alread in the bin directory but the install file indicated the bin/zwave directory so I did what the install file said, but also left the versions alone in the bin directory. The new files have 2013 datestamps. Both 2013 and 2016 datestamped files have the same file sizes.

When I brought the system backup all seems fine, no errors. The Zwave plugin shows in the plugin listing correctly.

Is there something about Windows 10 that didn't allow the files in use to be overwritten? The directories have write permission for all. Should I have two locations for the SQL files? And are there truly two versions of them? The file sizes for each are the same, and I suspect perhaps the two files I have stamped 2016 reflect some other movement/writing/copying made earlier.

Would appreciate any tips on making future upgrades with Windows 10 more automatic and hands-off than this one was.

Cheers,
    Scott
Working...
X