Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Nodon Octan remote

Hi all

I'm really struggling with migrating a z-wave network from a Fibaro HC2 to a Homeseer SEL PRO. I have a few remote controls (I guess "scene controllers" which all worked easily under the HC2 but all seem to behave/appear very differently in Homeseer.

The one that looks most like it is working in Homeseer is the Nodon Octan remote

It adds fine as an "ID-RF Generic Controller" with two child devices: "Battery" and "Central Scene". The status of "Central Scene" changes appropriately with button presses, so if I double click one of the buttons, the "Central Scene" status promptly changes to "Scene 001 Key Pressed Twice"

I can't find how to use this anywhere though. I've seen posts where scene information comes up under the z-wave device but this isn't happening for me. In the events section of HS3 I can create a new event and select the root device but not the child device which shows the button presses. Nothing I do in the event will respond to the buttons being pressed (e.g. using the status number and the root device).

What do I do?? I've attached a couple of screenshots.

Click image for larger version

Name:	scene1a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	1212206

Name:	scene2c.jpg
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	1212208

Name:	scene2.jpg
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	1212207

Name:	scene2b.jpg
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	1212205

Using Nodon Octan remote

Originally posted by bazyr View Post

[ATTACH]67582[/ATTACH]
    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

For your trigger, use Central Scene. It appears you are trying to trigger on the root device.
      Michael

Comment

Thanks both -- feel like a right fool now!

I have no idea why they are in the same room but on different floors; when I added my devices I did it node-by-node selecting all children each time. But you're right; the central scene device is there, just on a different floor. Oops!

Comment

Working...
        X