Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Z-Wave Plugin with Security S2 Support (Beta)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excluded and re-included the ZSE18 and it is now showing Secured with S2. One down

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
      Are you on Windows? What other S2 devices do you have that do not add?

Yes, Windows 10 Pro. The other devices I've tried are:

GE Z-Wave Plus Switch
      Zlink ZLPA

RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

HS Team,

Do you have an estimate for when HS3 will clear S2 certification? Also, I noticed that the S2 version (3.0.2.240) of the plugin is trailing the non-S2 version (3.0.1.249) a bit. Will the beta plugin be updated anytime soon to align them? I'm particularly interested in using the new low dim threshold of Firmware Version 5.14 for HS-WD200.

Joe

Comment

S2 certification is on hold due to some possible changes coming to the S2 certification for controllers. After some brief testing of the current beta plugin, I will update the S2 version.

Originally posted by The Barnacle View Post
          HS Team,

Do you have an estimate for when HS3 will clear S2 certification? Also, I noticed that the S2 version (3.0.2.240) of the plugin is trailing the non-S2 version (3.0.1.249) a bit. Will the beta plugin be updated anytime soon to align them? I'm particularly interested in using the new low dim threshold of Firmware Version 5.14 for HS-WD200.

Joe
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

S2 certification is on hold due to some possible changes coming to the S2 certification for controllers. After some brief testing of the current beta plugin, I will update the S2 version.

Is this a product of the Silicon Labs/Sigma Z-Wave purchase?

Comment

Not really, it was from Sigma, but now there may be a new direction, we will see. What we have in Beta is working, it just cannot be certified.

Originally posted by Fellhahn View Post

Is this a product of the Silicon Labs/Sigma Z-Wave purchase?

Comment

I installed HS3 from the HS3-Pi image, which I guess included the S2 edition of the Z-Wave module. I mistakenly installed the Z-Wave plug-in from the updater, which I guess got the non-S2 edition. I installed 3.0.2.240 again but now all my S2 devices are unresponsive to commands. Is there any way to fix this issue without having to go through and exclude/reinclude every single device, which also includes updating all my events?

Update: I was able to fix this by opening the Z-Wave2.db database in SQLite Browser and deleting all the data from ZWData. The Z-Wave plugin automatically re-created the correct data from the HS3 device extra data.

Comment

Using the s2 beta 3.0.2.240, rebuilding a network from scratch, with s2 devices included via authorized pin. Have about 30 nodes included so far. Attempted to "optimize a network, no return route" but all the s2 devices return: "Done. The optimization was not executed as the node cannot be reached." These are all wd200s, plus a couple of ws200s. Individually, the devices optimize fine, as expected.

Comment

Sounds like there might be an issue there.

But I would not optimize the entire network, this gives the controller too many routes and it ends up routing poorly. Just optimize the nodes in the center of your network and then run the connectivity test on all your nodes. If that test passes, you are done, no need to optimize further.

Originally posted by beerandt View Post
                    Using the s2 beta 3.0.2.240, rebuilding a network from scratch, with s2 devices included via authorized pin. Have about 30 nodes included so far. Attempted to "optimize a network, no return route" but all the s2 devices return: "Done. The optimization was not executed as the node cannot be reached." These are all wd200s, plus a couple of ws200s. Individually, the devices optimize fine, as expected.

Comment

Understood- this was more or less to play around with s2 and a few other new toys, and me being lazy getting the network up. I know just enough to be dangerous right now, but I think I might be getting past that point of the learning curve. I just figured it probably pointed to a more fundamental problem. I also was having some issues with the same nodes sporadically not responding, but as of now, I'm blaming that on traffic from another device. But I suppose that also may be related.

Is it possible to transition (downgrade?) from the s2 zwave beta plugin to the regular beta plugin? I'm liking most of what I see with s2 inclusions, but It would be nice to have a fall-back for now without having to do a complete restore or rebuild.

Sounds like there might be an issue there.

But I would not optimize the entire network, this gives the controller too many routes and it ends up routing poorly. Just optimize the nodes in the center of your network and then run the connectivity test on all your nodes. If that test passes, you are done, no need to optimize further.

Comment

Originally posted by beerandt View Post
                        Is it possible to transition (downgrade?) from the s2 zwave beta plugin to the regular beta plugin? I'm liking most of what I see with s2 inclusions, but It would be nice to have a fall-back for now without having to do a complete restore or rebuild.
                        From my own personal experience, no. Once a device is included in the network, it will only respond to S2 commands. And if you install a non-S2 version of the Z-Wave plugin, you'll hose your entire S2 network, even if you install the S2 beta version again. I've posted instructions a few posts above on how to recover from that situation.

Comment

To add further, when I set up my z-wave network for the very first time, I had a WD200, an MS100, a single qubino module, and an irrigation controller.

I went with the S2 plugin right off the bat, because I figured "Hey, S2 is the future" and it still allowed for backward compatibility with non S2 capable devices.

My experience with the S2 devices was that they wouldn't route/speak with the non S2 devices. I know thats not supposed to be the case, routing info is not encrypted and S2 devices are given an SO key at inclusion anyway. It's anecdotal only, but things didn't seem to work right. When I scrapped the network and started again with the S0 plugin, everything went smooth.

When you are excluding your S2 device, note that depending on the model, exclusion may not clear the stored S2 key. You may be required to perform a full factory reset, which will clear the key. If you don't, you might have problems re-include get.

I successfully transitioned from the S2 plugin to the S0 plugin without having to exclude/re-include the irrigation controller. The S2 devices I had to exclude, factory reset and re-include.

Comment

Not really, it was from Sigma, but now there may be a new direction, we will see. What we have in Beta is working, it just cannot be certified.
                            rjh - Can we expect to see further updates to this Plugin? Nothing included since .240 has been terribly noteworthy to me, but the FC200 changes listed for .258 got my attention.

Comment

Originally posted by LostGuy View Post

rjh - Can we expect to see further updates to this Plugin? Nothing included since .240 has been terribly noteworthy to me, but the FC200 changes listed for .258 got my attention.
                              rjh - Any news here?

Comment

It would be nice to know what was in .259 and now .260 available as beta but neither is mentioned in the release notes.
                                HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
                                Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
                                Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Working...
                                X