No announcement yet.

Z-Wave Lock PIN Management in Z-Wave plugin 3.0.1.222

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

joegr - OK, I see in the devices page the user number that unlocked the door. But how could this not end up in the log? The next operation will overwrite this one. I seem to be missing something, I hope.

sparkman - Thanks, that might be over my head but I'll have a look.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
      [USER="65370"]

No scripting is required, so should not be too complex. If you try it and are having trouble, please post in the thread referenced there.

HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

joegr - OK, I see in the devices page the user number that unlocked the door. But how could this not end up in the log? The next operation will overwrite this one. I seem to be missing something, I hope.

Under device management, click on your lock notification device.
        Make sure that "Do not log commands from this device:" is not checked.

Comment

It is not checked for the notification or any other devices.

Comment

I would expect HS to know which code was used although the lock may not transmit that info, possibly???
            They definitely must as the Vera I still have running in my holiday home tells me who opened the door.

Comment

This is an issue since opening a support ticket with HS4 looming is probably going to be put at the bottom of the pile.

Comment

This is an issue since opening a support ticket with HS4 looming is probably going to be put at the bottom of the pile.
                What is an issue/do you want changed? The lock transmits a packet indicating which slot was used for unlocking. If the slot’s code was assigned through HS after the version rjh references in the first post of this thread, then HS has knowledge of the code and name mapped to this slot. If the code is created on the lock or through the zwave plugin prior to this version, then HA does not know the code nor the name associated with the slot.
                HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

What is an issue/do you want changed? The lock transmits a packet indicating which slot was used for unlocking. If the slot’s code was assigned through HS after the version rjh references in the first post of this thread, then HS has knowledge of the code and name mapped to this slot. If the code is created on the lock or through the zwave plugin prior to this version, then HA does not know the code nor the name associated with the slot.
                  That part functions as designed. The problem is I don't see the result in the log, just in the device management screen. I installed the doorlock script but am struggling to get to first base.

Comment

Working...
                  X