Z-Wave device information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave device information

I am wondering if anyone knows if the Z-Wave devices will dim/ramp up from off or come on at full bright and if the ramp rate is controllable. Seems like simple information but I can't find it in any of the manuals/documents. Thanks

In the main thread started by Rich this is one of the comments
    "* Plug-in lamp module. This module supports direct dimming as well as status response. HomeSeer can poll the module for its current status as well as its current dim level. "

So it sounds like it at least supports dim ramp support.

-Rupp

If a person with multiple personalities threatens suicide, is that considered a hostage situation?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

What ever happened to good technical manuals and documentation?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rupp:
      In the main thread started by Rich this is one of the comments
      "* Plug-in lamp module. This module supports direct dimming as well as status response. HomeSeer can poll the module for its current status as well as its current dim level. "

So it sounds like it at least supports dim ramp support.

-Rupp

If a person with multiple personalities threatens suicide, is that considered a hostage situation?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

I'm not sure there are any quite yet.

-Rupp

If a person with multiple personalities threatens suicide, is that considered a hostage situation?

Comment

When you set a dim level, the lamp ramps up, rather then full bright. You send devices direct dimming commands, just like pre-set dim. The levels are 0-99. (HS handles translating this). If the light is at 50% and you set the light to 90%, it does so instantly. None of this is programmable.

-Rich

HomeSeer Technologies LLC

Comment

I would enhance this description by saying that in my experience I have never seen the light turned instantly on or off - it always ramps, but sometimes the ramp rate is VERY fast and others it is slow.

Using the very descriptive words FAST and SLOW for the ramp rates, here is what I have found playing with the handheld controller:

Set to Scene Level from OFF: SLOW
            Set to Scene Level from On: FAST

All Off from Full On: SLOW
            All Off from a level On: FAST

All On from Off: SLOW
            All On from a level on: FAST

Specific device On from Off: SLOW
            Specific device On from Off at a set level: SLOW

Specific device Off from full On: SLOW
            Specific device off from a set level On: FAST

The FAST ramp rate is nearly instant, but you can perceive a slight ramping.

I hope this helps!

Oh and BTW... If the device is turned off while dim, then an ON will turn it on where it was left unless it is a Scene On or an All On.

Regards,

Rick Tinker
            HomeSeer Technologies

Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

I really like the way the SwitchLink and LampLink lights ramp. They're essentially programmable and that's way cool. You can ramp for tens of seconds, and I'm not sure what the max ramp is, but it is very slow.

I want to have a programmable ramp rate on my switches. It only takes a few lines of code.

I like my lights to come back to the last level. But I like the programmable level much more as in the Switch/LampLinks.

Triacs are very inexpensive these days. The cost is in the heat sink. But I want more than 300 Watts. I want my wall switches to be over 400 Watts, preferably 600. Lamp modules can be around 300 to 400 Watts. Nobody really uses much on these units.

I want more than 16 steps of dimming. Microprocessor technology is now using 8 bit for really cheap stuff and 16 bit+ for better stuff. I can buy a 16 bit micro for about a dollar or so. At $1.25+ I can even have a flash micro. So I pray we are not going to see only 16 steps of dimming. I want a full 255 steps.

How many of my "wants" will I be able to expect?

regards,

GenevaDude

Comment

Working...
              X