same as the GE wireless stuff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

same as the GE wireless stuff?

I was at Lowes this weekend, and I always look at their X10 stuff to see if anything is being closed out or new. They seem to have replaced the HAL2000 section with a bunch of GE wireless automation devices. The look almost like it would be the same as the Zwave stuff. They had light switches, remotes, outlets, appliance and lamp modules, all with what looks like its own wireless equipment. Curious if this is the same as Zwave or if it is a totally different game.

Anyone know anything about these?

Jay Fro

(Current Setup in Profile)

Well, navigating their website(s) for information was a nightmare, but I finally found a press release for one of the new products that referenced setting channels on the device and an associated channel on a receiver, so no I do not believe they are Z-Wave as there is no channel like this with the Z-Wave technology. The GE description actually made it sound more like the X-10 RF type technology except with the receiver built into the switches instead of having to transmit through the powerline. It is quite possibly their own design though.

Regards,

Rick Tinker
    HomeSeer Technologies

Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Working...
    X