Using z-wave remote to trigger homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using z-wave remote to trigger homeseer

I have the Zwave 2 lamp modules, USB interface and z-wave remote kit and installed it last night... One thing that struck me right away is that the z-wave remote "feels" better than an X10 palmpad... also (at least in my house) i don't seem to have any places that are 'out of range' of the z-wave remote like i am with some palmpads... Is it possible to use the unused buttons on the z-wave remote to trigger events in homeseer?

my reason for wanting this is that i would prefer to use the (seemingly more reliable) z-wave remote for everything and ditch my palmpads and the flaky X10 wireless... but i would like to not have to spend the big $$ right away to throw away my X-10 2way lamp modules, ACT/switchlinc switches...etc... so i would like to be able to push a button on the Z-wave remote, have it send something to homeseer (trigger an event i guess) and then have homseer send out the corresponding X10 signal... I think this would be easy to do for existing Z-wave devices, but how do i tell the remote to 'transmit something' when there is no corresponding Z-wave lamp module assigned to that button? is such a thing even possible?

Chris,

No, you can't directly. Rich (or maybe Rick?) posted an explanation recently but I couldn't find it. They are hoping to be able to add that capablility in the future, but it is not there now. The best you could do is turn a module on/off and poll the status of that module from HomeSeer.

Bill

Comment

Working...
    X