Can' Get dimmer module assigned to the remote control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can' Get dimmer module assigned to the remote control

My start with Z-wave has starting trouble. I purchased the Sylvania starter kit and 10 dimmer switches. I installed one dimmer switch and it works fine. However, the problem is with the dimmer modules (outlet adaptor). I tried every thing and I can't get the remote to accept the module. 1. I follwed the following procedure. Plugged the adaptor into a wall outlet. 2. Pressed the speedbutton 3 on the remote. 3 Remote message says "press button on unit" 4. Keeping the remote key pressed, I press the button on the adaptor. Nothing happens. The message in the remote stays the same - press button on unit. What am I doing wrong? The button on the adaptor turns an attached load dims or brightens it. The problem is that the remote does not get recognized.

Should I test each and every switch to test it gets recognized? I have nine more sitting in a box. I only have a few more days before the 30 day window to return the stuff. Any suggestions? Thanks

George V
    NJ

If the module was previously learned to another remote, it will be assigned to a different house ID, and you you won't be able to learn it (might have happened at the factory). To fix this, go into the setup menu on the remote and select "Reset Unit", the press the button on the module. This will remove its association with any home ID. You should then be able to add it.

-Rich

HomeSeer Technologies LLC
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks Rich. That solved the problem. Is this documented any where in the manual? I tried glossing over the troubleshooting section in the product manual. This was not one of the items covered. Thanks a bunch.

George V

Comment

Did you get a starter kit from us? You should have received a quick start guide. The information is in there, although its not clear that you need to reset the module for the problem you were having. I have clarified that.

If you have the Sylvania remote, the users guide instructs you to reset the module in the troubleshooting section, first item.

I will also add this to the FAQ section in the USB install guide.

-Rich

HomeSeer Technologies LLC
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
        X