Short range on ACT relay units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short range on ACT relay units

I am getting only about 20 - 25 feet between units. I have a "shotgun" house which is 100 feet long. I have to use 2 units to relay (they do nothing but relay) to turn a light on at the other end of the house. I suppose if I had a lot more of the Z-wave units, it wouldn't be so bad. I probably have the worst possible combination with the computer and its interface at one end and some of the things I want to control at the other end.

With a sparse number of units and the distance I have to go, it makes the technology expensive if you have to buy repeaters to make the thing work!

Is this via the HS USB interface or using the remote? If its the USB interface how do you have it mounted? I'm getting about somewhere between 65-75 feet after mounting mine vertically on the wall.

-Rupp
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hi Rupp,

It is the HS USB interface sitting on a shelf about 6 feet off the floor. The shelf is wood and open so there is no metal near it. The interface is sitting flat.

However, that is really not my problem. Once you get to the end of the range of the interface (40 feet for me), the ACT units themselves only extend (repeat) things for about 20 - 25 feet. The interface goes about twice as far as the ACT units.

Jim

Jim

Comment

Working...
      X