Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions: Z-Wave Dimmer Modules Buzzing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions: Z-Wave Dimmer Modules Buzzing?

I only have two of the ACT Z-Wave dimmer modules but both of them seem to emit a faint buzz or buzzing, even at full brightness, or with the light out. Is this normal? Is this happening to anyones elses modules, or might have have a bad run?

They seems to work fine, don't get hot. In fact I didn't notice the first one until I plugged the other one for my bed lamp (which could be heard very clearly at night).

I understand the wave form issue but is that still supposed to occur even whent he light is off or unplugged from the module?

Thanks in advance for any wisdom or advice!

SpaceCowboy,
    I can tell you that my Sylvania modules do not emit any sound at all. I do not have any ACT modules.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I have an ACT dimmer module (most of my stuff is in-wall switches though) and the one I have does not emit this sound.

However, from past experience working with triacs on X-10 products, sound emitted from the switch was often a sign that you were dimming something that didn't like to be dimmed! Either the load is close to or above the rating of the device, or it was something like a ceiling fan (which usually resulted in the module's triac dying very soon after).

Thus, check those things and if they don't pan out to anything, write an email to ACT and get their take on it.
      Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Working...
      X