Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-wave hell

Help I am in Z-wave hell.
    my USB Z-wave interface device is not working. I can not send any commands from homeseeer to my Z-wave devices. Here is the problem.
    Everything was working fine up to a few days ago. now, all of a sudden I get the messsgae that "the Zwave interface is not respoi=nding and that there maybe a USB cable that is disconnected". I have checked the cable and it is fine. The device is not even listed under the USB devices in the hardware profile of my devices under my computer. It has disappeared...
    I have tried to download and redownload the drivers from the update page, I have tried to uninstall the drivers but no luck.
    I would like to uninstall this device completely and reinstall it. Maybe that would work. Does anyone know the correct sequence of events to completely uninstall the USB device and then start fresh with new install of the drivers?
    On top of all this one of my lamp modules is dead as well. I tried reseting it and on the remote I get the message that the device has been reset but it still does not work.
    This is Z-wave hell.
    Any input is appreciated.
    Kayvan

Try unplugging it totally from the computer, then plug it back it. It should show up in your device manager under USB devices. If not, the unit might be bad.

-Rich
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Several have had problems with the device not recognizing after being connected through various types of USB extenders and cheap USB hubs, so just as an experiment, connected it directly to a USB port on the PC if it is not already and see if that makes a difference.
      Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

I got the device showing up in my device manager now. It is connected to my PC direcly via a USB 2.0 connection to the motherboard. Homeseer initiates the device but I still can not send any commands to the zwave controled lights using the PC. The Sylvania remote works fine and sends commands to my devices successfuly.
        Is this a software problem?
        Kayvan

Comment

Kayvan,
          How far is the light away from the USB controller?
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

2 feet away.

Comment

There are over a hundred people controlling the lights with HomeSeer, so I doubt that this problem is software.

I would re-learn your devices from your master controller to the USB interface, and then let HomeSeer re-create the devices. Perhaps in playing around and trying to get it working you removed and re-added devices, and this causes them to get different node IDs which the USB interface and HomeSeer will not know about unless you re-learn the network.
              Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Rick,
                I did what you suggested and it is now working fine. Thanks so much for the help guys.

Comment

Working...
                X