Z-Wave & 3-way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave & 3-way

I think I read somewhere that someone is working on 3-way Z-Wave switches? Who has plans to make them, and when will they be available? If 3-ways switches are not going to be made then I need to look at something else - probably Compose PLC.

Also, where can I get updates about Z-Wave products (new and existing) in one place, without having to surf various websites?

Thanks

BlueSky,
    One of the best places to read about Z-Wave is right here in this forum. There's a thread about 6 posts down that speaks about three ways coming late this year.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The Sales Manager from Intermatic has told me that they are working on 3-way versions for the Z-Wave switches and predicted they will be out at the end of the year.

Out of their first 8 items that were due out last month only 7 will be available on their new scheduled release which they are now shooting for August. I would guess that they will not meet their deadline for the second products release at the year end and think we may not really see anything until mid 2005.

The Pod

Comment

This is so typical of hardware in the automation industry. Always half a solution.

One day someone is going to "get it" in the hardware space and blow everyone out of the water with a complete retrofit solution at a reasonable cost.

I'm waiting to see if ELK "got it" with their M1 controller.

Comment

P.S. That would be a RELIABLE restrofit solution (i.e. not X10)

Comment

Working...
          X