Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BUG: HS3 not Detecting SmartStick COM port changes - NO Errors for events or control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BUG: HS3 not Detecting SmartStick COM port changes - NO Errors for events or control

<reported to Homeseer support>

I just rebuilt my Homeseer Windows PC and was wondering why some events were not working. I figured out that the ZWave network and interfaces were completely gone.

BUGs I found...

1. When SmartStick COM port changes, Homeseer is not 'smart' and doesnt make the change in the ZWAVE.ini
    2. NO Log Errors during startup to warn of this
    3. NO Log Errors in the log when an Event triggers that uses a Zwave device.

... thus, the only way you know something is wrong is when you see zwave control is not working.

I did find of few of the Errors logged. None of the time stamps corresponded to a time an Event triggered or device control was tried...

SmartStick: The SmartStick interface did not respond to the request for the controller capabilities - it may be disconnected or malfunctioning (3).

I found a TON of these, which oddly are not marked as Errors in any way and are 100% not the problem (smartstick is not being 'seen' by Homeseer)...
    Note: Only one system may connect to an Ethernet interface at one time. If 2 systems are connecting to your Z-Wave interface, HomeSeer will not connect.
Working...
X