Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Node will not remove, how can I get rid of it - Solution!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Node will not remove, how can I get rid of it - Solution!

I have been trying to remove a node, which never included properly. It will not exclude, and doesnt react to a rescan or anything. I think it might be faulty. Remove bad node did not work. I turned the power of the node off (its mains powered, its a Fibaro universal sensor on a power supply). But even a day after the power has been turned off, when I try the remove bad node, I get

Node 143 was not removed from any interface in the system, it may still be communicating or function aborted.

How do I remove it ? If I delete the devices, they will come back anyway and it will still be listed in my node list ?

+1, Me too!

Comment

Have you tried excluding the node from the z-wave controller page?

Comment

Absolutely! That of course was the first way. However that involves having a functional device and it appears to be dead. So now I just want to force removal. That's my story, I wonder what mikee123's situation is.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
          Absolutely! That of course was the first way. However that involves having a functional device and it appears to be dead. So now I just want to force removal. That's my story, I wonder what mikee123's situation is.
          I had to ask... you know....

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
            My situation is unchanged. The devices are still there, I cannot exclude or remove the bad node. So I have the devices still in my UI, no point deleting them as they will only come back, and the node would also still be in the node list.

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post

My situation is unchanged. The devices are still there, I cannot exclude or remove the bad node. So I have the devices still in my UI, no point deleting them as they will only come back, and the node would also still be in the node list.
              Here is a link for what Homeseer recommends:
              https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...our-hs2-system

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
              Plugin's:
              BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
              EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
              weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post

Here is a link for what Homeseer recommends:
                https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...our-hs2-system

These options do not exist in HS3

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post

These options do not exist in HS3
                  Sorry about that, sent you the wrong link, I’ve used this method that Mark suggested and it worked for me:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...phantom-device

HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                  Plugin's:
                  BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                  EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                  weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

The Profit this worked like a charm. Thank you!

Comment

Hate to revive an old thread, but trying to do this on HS4 now, with a node which apparently is still communicating, yet cannot for the life of me figure out what/where it is and just want it deleted.. When making a backup of the interface, 3 files are generated, and it wasn't obvious what segment from which file to delete. Any advise for HS4?

Comment

Originally posted by ee21 View Post
                        Hate to revive an old thread, but trying to do this on HS4 now, with a node which apparently is still communicating, yet cannot for the life of me figure out what/where it is and just want it deleted.. When making a backup of the interface, 3 files are generated, and it wasn't obvious what segment from which file to delete. Any advise for HS4?
                        On the root device, zwave tab, try click test connectivity. Then try to delete the node. That used to work in HS3, not sure about HS4 though...

Comment

Working...
                        X