Somfy ZRTSI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somfy ZRTSI

I have a ZRTSI Zwave interface. I successfully added it to my Zwave network and it shows up in Homeseer. I added the channels to the ZRTSI and can control the motors directly from that. But the channels don't show up in Homeseer. I must be missing a step. Any help would be appreciated.

Originally posted by joewilly1 View Post
    I have a ZRTSI Zwave interface. I successfully added it to my Zwave network and it shows up in Homeseer. I added the channels to the ZRTSI and can control the motors directly from that. But the channels don't show up in Homeseer. I must be missing a step. Any help would be appreciated.
    There are no channels in my ZRTSI Z-wave setup, only nodes. When setting up the ZRTSI with Homeseer, I made a note of what node corresponds to which channel.
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Hmmmm. I don't see any nodes. Just the ZRTSI.

Comment

Hmmmm. I don't see any nodes. Just the ZRTSI.
        See attached. Each channel needs to be included as a new Z-wave node.
        Attached Files
        "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023

Comment

Thank you Richel. I don't think I would have figured it out without your help. One more question. When I created the Zwave nodes for the channels HS added three entries for each node I added to the ZRTSI. If I named it "Den Drapes" then HS creates Node 19 with the name I gave when I added to the network "Den Drapes" but two other Node 19s. One says Switch and the other says Switch Multilevel. I'm wondering what the Switch and Switch Multilevel are for.

Comment

Thank you Richel. I don't think I would have figured it out without your help. One more question. When I created the Zwave nodes for the channels HS added three entries for each node I added to the ZRTSI. If I named it "Den Drapes" then HS creates Node 19 with the name I gave when I added to the network "Den Drapes" but two other Node 19s. One says Switch and the other says Switch Multilevel. I'm wondering what the Switch and Switch Multilevel are for.
            I have 3 created for each, also. The only one that I use has status graphics of Off and On. If you go into the device settings and click on tab for Status Graphics, you can rename the controls Off to Down and On to Up. By the way you can also add another button for "Stop." I can't find the original post, but below are the instructions.

1. Click on the device
            2. Click on Status Graphics
            3. Delete the controls for the slider (optional)
            4. Add a New Single Value where
            Value=1255
            Status=Stop
            Control Use=Not Specified
            Row=1
            Column=3
            Status-Control=Control

Elliott

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post

I have 3 created for each, also. The only one that I use has status graphics of Off and On. If you go into the device settings and click on tab for Status Graphics, you can rename the controls Off to Down and On to Up. By the way you can also add another button for "Stop." I can't find the original post, but below are the instructions.

1. Click on the device
              2. Click on Status Graphics
              3. Delete the controls for the slider (optional)
              4. Add a New Single Value where
              Value=1255
              Status=Stop
              Control Use=Not Specified
              Row=1
              Column=3
              Status-Control=Control

Elliott
              Would you mind sharing a screen shot of what your device looks like? (I'm new at this and get easily confused :-)) This is what mine looks like now.

Comment

Originally posted by MSG56 View Post

Would you mind sharing a screen shot of what your device looks like? (I'm new at this and get easily confused :-)) This is what mine looks like now.
                Here you are.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Somfy.png
Views:	266
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	1356425
                Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Richel!

I followed your instructions above to add a new single value and changed the on and off to Down and Up and added the "Stop" button with the values you suggested, but I only did that on one of the three items . In my effort to continue learning I'm still a bit puzzled about a few things. I see in your setup you have two items. What is the "2572" and "2569" on the left and the extra column with the "033D73A5-025_Q71? Also, why do you have two "lines" one saying Up and the other Down, when each entry has a Down and Up (and Stop) on the right hand side? Can't we do everything on one "line"?

Name:	Campare device lines.png
Views:	273
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	1357265

Comment

When I went into the Status Graphics for the line with the slider, and deleted the slider, I see that there are several other items in here that were not in the other one. Like the big line with the Start and End values. No clue what this stuff is.

Name:	Big device line.png
Views:	321
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	1357268

Comment

This is my configuration page for one of my shades.

Name:	Config.png
Views:	302
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	1357279
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks - I edited my previous post (yesterday, 07:27) and had a few questions. Sorry to be such a pest.

Comment

Originally posted by MSG56 View Post
                          Thank you Richel!

I followed your instructions above to add a new single value and changed the on and off to Down and Up and added the "Stop" button with the values you suggested, but I only did that on one of the three items . In my effort to continue learning I'm still a bit puzzled about a few things. I see in your setup you have two items. What is the "2572" and "2569" on the left and the extra column with the "033D73A5-025_Q71? Also, why do you have two "lines" one saying Up and the other Down, when each entry has a Down and Up (and Stop) on the right hand side? Can't we do everything on one "line"?
                          Okay, sorry for the confusion. At my home each shade for each window has been set up as a separate Z-wave device. "2572" and "2569" are the unique device numbers set by the HomeSeer program, in this case for the right shade and left shade in my dining room, respectively. I have customized my device page to show the device number (Ref). "033D73A5-025_Q71" is the Z-wave address of the node for the right shade (node 71).

Name:	Somfy2.png
Views:	242
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	1357321

Attached Files

Comment

Is there a way to send a discrete STOP command. i.e. so moving shades will stop, and any shade that is not moving will remain stopped

I was able to add value of 1255 that simulates the My button--i.e. toggles between A) if shade is moving, the it stops and B) if shade is not moving, then it goes to Favorite position. This behavior isn't sufficient if I want to stop all shades in a group . Eg the shades in a group that are moving will stop, but the shades that were already stopped will go to favorite position instead of remaining in their stopped position. thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Heychristian View Post
                              Is there a way to send a discrete STOP command. i.e. so moving shades will stop, and any shade that is not moving will remain stopped

I was able to add value of 1255 that simulates the My button--i.e. toggles between A) if shade is moving, the it stops and B) if shade is not moving, then it goes to Favorite position. This behavior isn't sufficient if I want to stop all shades in a group . Eg the shades in a group that are moving will stop, but the shades that were already stopped will go to favorite position instead of remaining in their stopped position. thank you
                              My first thought is that this would need to be done with an event. Are you using HSTouch? If so, you could create a button that when pressed starts an event that generates the command that you want for all shades.

Comment

Working...
                              X