Zwave failed to reach node

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zwave failed to reach node

I have a Somfy ZTRSI which I recently installed. All was OK but now am getting a message "failed to reach node". But when I send commands to the node to open/close drapes, etc. the action is being executed. Any suggestions? Thanks.

The usual dance is optimization, which causes the node to rediscover its neighbors, which it needs if it's out of range of the z-wave controller. You can do this from the device z-wave tab or do the whole network from the z-wave coniguation page.

The catch is it has to have connectivity for the device to receive the optimization command. So if you do this and have no success you're going to have to either move the device or the controller to be in range. Once you are able to connect you can try moving it back, optimizing at each point you move it.

If that fails you're likely going to have to add a node or relocate your controller to get better coverage.

Regards
    Michael
    Regards,
    Michael

HS3, W10 Home, HSTouch, W800, Z-Stick+

Comment

Thank you. I'll give it a try. It doesn't really make sense to me, though, because Homeseer is operating the device as it should so it seems that the Zwave controller is connecting to the nodes.

Comment

Originally posted by joewilly1 View Post
        Thank you. I'll give it a try. It doesn't really make sense to me, though, because Homeseer is operating the device as it should so it seems that the Zwave controller is connecting to the nodes.
        That's because it re-tries and eventually connects. Optimization may (should) help with that.

btw, I'm not the expert here. Others who are may chime in. Only reason I did was I've had similar experiences.

Regards
        Michael
        Regards,
        Michael

HS3, W10 Home, HSTouch, W800, Z-Stick+

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X