Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery Operated Z-Wave Outdoor Motion Sensor

Hi folks,
    Looking for a wireless Z-Wave motion sensor that I can put in my driveway.
    Wires are not an option so the HS sensor won't work for what I want.

Thanks for looking
    Dan-O
    HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

I have one of the HS-FLS100+ mounted on the lamp post, looking across the driveway. Works very well, only issue was I had to build a hood to prevent sunlight from triggering false alarms.

Comment

Originally posted by Miamijerry View Post
      I have one of the HS-FLS100+ mounted on the lamp post, looking across the driveway. Works very well, only issue was I had to build a hood to prevent sunlight from triggering false alarms.
      Sounds interesting. Can you share a picture of the sensor so we can see how you built the hood?

Comment

I appreciate the input, but I definitely need a battery operated outdoor sensor.
        Dan-O

Comment

I don't have this "outside" but I would feel comfortable placing under the eaves of the house. I keep one in the attic to activate an attic fan and battery life in extreme conditions is excellent. I have another in a room used as a motion sensor and it works just fine.
          https://www.amazon.com/GoControl-Z-W...+motion+sensor

Comment

I had been looking at similar units but I'm concerned about the weather.
            Back in the day before X-10 came out with wireless PIR sensors, I used to used dielectric silicone to seal up the non-waterproof sensors.

I might be able to tuck one in under the garage door opening, but the spot it would be in does have the potential to expose it at times to wind/rain.
            Dan-O

Comment

Working...
            X